Why Lawrence Fishburne Won’t Appear In The Matrix 4

Forum 3 years ago

Why Lawrence Fishburne Won’t Appear In The Matrix 4

While a lot of popular franchises have opted to press the reboot button and start with a completely clean slate, The Matrix is embarking down the sequel/continuation path instead.

As such, while The Matrix 4 will feature a lot of new faces, there will also be a scattering of familiar ones, including Keanu Reeves’ Neo and Carrie-Anne Moss’ Trinity. However, there’s been no word on if Laurence Fishburne will be back for another round as Morpehus.

So what’s the deal? Can we expect Laurence Fishburne to take part in The Matrix 4? Judging by the actor’s below comment, it doesn’t sound like that’s in the cards:

I have not been invited. Maybe that will make me write another play. I wish them well. I hope it’s great.

Laurence Fishburne revealed his lack of involvement in The Matrix 4 while speaking with New York Magazine (via The Wrap). While there’s a slim chance this could be one of those instances where an actor is lying in order to keep their appearance in a movie a surprise, going off the available information, this will be the first Matrix movie to lack Fishburne’s presence.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Woman Who Shot Her Nigerian Husband Dead In The US To Appear Before Court In May
Forum | 4 days ago

Woman Who Shot Her Nigerian Husband Dead In The US To Appear Before Court In May

Fallout Season 2: Fallout 3 Radio DJ Wants to Appear in Show
Forum | 5 days ago

Fallout Season 2: Fallout 3 Radio DJ Wants to Appear in Show

Joker Who Has Never Won An Election – Jimoh Ibrahim Slams Ondo Governor
Forum | 1 week ago

Joker Who Has Never Won An Election – Jimoh Ibrahim Slams Ondo Governor

The Matrix 5: Civil War’s Cailee Spaeny Really Wants to Be Cast in Drew Goddard Sequel
Forum | 1 week ago

The Matrix 5: Civil War’s Cailee Spaeny Really Wants to Be Cast in Drew Goddard Sequel