Former Super Eagles Striker Victor Anichebe Victim Of Racial Profiling

Forum 3 years ago

Former Super Eagles Striker Victor Anichebe Victim Of Racial Profiling

Former Everton striker Victor Anichebe says he was the victim of racial profiling after he was stopped by police while driving his car last week on Merseyside.

The 32-year-old, who has also played for West Brom and Sunderland, revealed in a wide-ranging interview to Sky Sports News that he was left “tired” and “angry” by the incident.

Anichebe was pulled over after leaving a petrol station and said he told officers that their behaviour was “a disgrace”, before he was allowed to continue his journey without further action.

“A lot of the times, I am a lot more cool and level-headed but because of everything that is going on I am just tired,” said Anichebe of his reaction to being stopped by the police.

“They shouldn’t have even pulled me over for starters. I was only coming out of a petrol station [and] they were pulling into the petrol station.

“They did a U-turn and followed me for a good five minutes. That is a long time when you are driving. They pulled me over and said I drove over a kerb of something.

“I told them every single thing that I thought. I said it is a joke, a disgrace and it is only because I am black and driving a nice car that you are pulling me over.

“They just kept saying the same thing, that this is routine and I shouldn’t be angry. But we are, we are all angry. We are tired of all the things that are going on.

“We don’t want people to feel sorry for us, I don’t want anyone to feel sorry for me that any of this is happening. I just want things to start changing and it has to change pretty soon too.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Jnr Pope: What Exactly Is Her Crime? She Was Only A Victim Of Circumstance - Uche Ogbodo Defends Movie Producer, Adanma Luke
Forum | 1 day ago

Jnr Pope: What Exactly Is Her Crime? She Was Only A Victim Of Circumstance - Uche Ogbodo Defends Movie Producer, Adanma Luke

Bundesliga: Victor Boniface targets treble with Bayer Leverkusen
Forum | 1 day ago

Bundesliga: Victor Boniface targets treble with Bayer Leverkusen

Oliseh names Super Eagles player that will win AFCON for Nigeria
Forum | 1 day ago

Oliseh names Super Eagles player that will win AFCON for Nigeria

Omeruo urges NFF to appoint new coach for Super Eagles before World Cup qualifiers
Forum | 3 days ago

Omeruo urges NFF to appoint new coach for Super Eagles before World Cup qualifiers