It Is A Failure PSG Have Not Won Champions League – Jose Mourinho

Forum 3 years ago

It Is A Failure PSG Have Not Won Champions League – Jose Mourinho

Jose Mourinho says it’s a “failure” that Paris Saint-Germain haven’t already won the Champions League with the amount of money that has been spent on the squad over the past decade.

PSG reached their first-ever final in UEFA’s top competition by beating RB Leipzig 3-0 in a semi-final clash at Estadio da Luz on Tuesday.

Goals from Marquinhos, Angel Di Maria and Juan Bernat rounded off a comprehensive victory for Thomas Tuchel’s men, who will face off against five-time winners Bayern Munich in the showpiece event on Sunday.

Asked if PSG’s season should be deemed a failure if they don’t win the Champions League, the Tottenham boss, who lifted the trophy at both Porto and Inter, told DAZN:

“I think it is a failure that they didn’t win it in the two seasons before because for five or six years the investment is crazy, the list of top players that is there is incredible.

“For how many seasons Thiago Silva is there, Marquinhos is there, and then all the big guys, Ibra [Zlatan Ibrahimovic], [Edinson] Cavani, Neymar, [Kylian] Mbappe.

“It’s, of course, their dream and for the first time they arrive in this kind of situation and this is the kind of game where these guys normally flourish, even if I think that as a team they are nothing from other world, these are players from another world.

“In these moments, normally they flourish, and so I would say that Bayern, in spite of being really, really strong as a team with some special players, they have to think that Paris can hurt them and start the preparation for this match not just on can we hurt them, but how can they hurt us?”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Champions League: Mbappe names club he wants to win trophy with
Forum | 1 day ago

Champions League: Mbappe names club he wants to win trophy with

Premier League suits my style more than Serie A – Lookman
Forum | 1 day ago

Premier League suits my style more than Serie A – Lookman

UCL: You killed the game – Gundogan blames Barcelona teammate for PSG defeat
Forum | 1 day ago

UCL: You killed the game – Gundogan blames Barcelona teammate for PSG defeat