Instagram Launches QR Codes to Help You Follow People

Forum 3 years ago

Instagram Launches QR Codes to Help You Follow People

Instagram has replaced its Nametags feature with QR codes, making it easier than ever to access Instagram profiles.

Instagram now lets you generate a QR code that links to your profile. The new feature allows you to use the Instagram app or any third-party QR code scanner to view Instagram profiles.

Instagram Replaces Nametags With QR Codes

Instagram has completely replaced Nametags with QR codes, making for a much easier way to access and share Instagram profiles.

In the past, the feature let you scan a user’s Nametag as a shortcut to their Instagram profile. But unlike QR codes, you could only scan Nametags using the Instagram app.

Now that Instagram has rolled out QR codes, you don’t need the Instagram app to scan someone’s code. You can use any third-party app to scan a QR code, and you’ll still get sent to that person’s Instagram profile. If you don’t want to use a third-party app, you can also opt to use Instagram’s new built-in QR code reader.

How To Find Your Instagram QR Code

To find your QR code, head to your profile. Click the three horizontal lines in the top-right corner of the page, and then hit QR Code.

You’ll now see your profile’s custom QR code. From here, you can change the look of your QR code page.

At the top of the screen, you'll see a setting labeled Color. Tap that, and you can swap between a gradient, emoji, or selfie background for your QR code. The stylish design options make the QR code perfect to print and display.

To share your code across the web, hit the "share" symbol in the top right corner of the screen. And if you want to use Instagram's app to scan a QR code, select the option at the bottom of the screen that says Scan QR Code.

QR Codes Make Instagram Even Better

Instagram has finally joined the ranks of the other popular apps that make use of QR codes. With big names like Snapchat, Twitter, and WhatsApp already utilizing QR codes, it's about time that Instagram added the feature. Especially as they help you follow people, and, in return, make it easier for other people to follow you.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Commotion As 16 People Are Feared Killed By Terrorist Bomb In Borno
Forum | 6 hours ago

Commotion As 16 People Are Feared Killed By Terrorist Bomb In Borno

I Didn’t Make A Penny At My Last Show Because People Were Scared Of Spraying Money — Rapper Speed Darlington Cries Out
Forum | 7 hours ago

I Didn’t Make A Penny At My Last Show Because People Were Scared Of Spraying Money — Rapper Speed Darlington Cries Out

21 Savage Only Rapper on TIME’s 100 Most Influential People of 2024 Posted by Thandiubani
Forum | 7 hours ago

21 Savage Only Rapper on TIME’s 100 Most Influential People of 2024 Posted by Thandiubani

He Had No Sense Of Responsibility, Kogi People Were His Slaves - Former Minister, Frank Nweke Jnr Reacts As EFCC Declares Yahaya Bello Wanted
Forum | 10 hours ago

He Had No Sense Of Responsibility, Kogi People Were His Slaves - Former Minister, Frank Nweke Jnr Reacts As EFCC Declares Yahaya Bello Wanted