Antonio Conte Set For Inter Milan Talks After Europa League Final Defeat

Forum 3 years ago

Antonio Conte Set For Inter Milan Talks After Europa League Final Defeat

Antonio Conte has confirmed he will hold talks over his future but insists he will not turn his back on Inter Milan after their Europa League final defeat to Sevilla.

Inter let an early lead slip in a dramatic finale in Cologne as a 3-2 defeat saw Sevilla win the competition for a record-extending sixth time.

https://storage.waploaded.com/images/2412a352667508c6f5a9f797aa07f99d.jpg

The agonising failure at the final hurdle means Inter’s trophy drought will stretch into a 10th season, but whether Conte will be at the helm to end that run next term remains in doubt after disagreements with the club’s hierarchy.

“We’re going to meet next week with the club and we’ll decide about my future,” Conte told reporters after the final.

“I’m not sure that I’ll be the Inter manager next season, we’ll decide together. Inter will plan the future with or without me.

“There is no rancour, from me nor the club. There are people I already worked with, so that’s not the issue. It’s about points of view, some situations that I faced this year and didn’t like, with all due respect for everyone.

“We’ll clarify the situation, without rancour, because I will always be grateful for having the chance to spend a great year at Inter.

“On the one hand it was also very tough, but if you think I will step back, I won’t. We’ll take a few days off and then meet [with the president] with cool heads.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Quentin Tarantino No Longer Directing The Movie Critic as Final Movie
Forum | 1 hour ago

Quentin Tarantino No Longer Directing The Movie Critic as Final Movie

Sweet Tooth Season 3 Teaser Trailer Sets Release Date for Final Installment
Forum | 21 hours ago

Sweet Tooth Season 3 Teaser Trailer Sets Release Date for Final Installment

Young Sheldon Stars Share Tribute as Series Wraps Final Episode
Forum | 21 hours ago

Young Sheldon Stars Share Tribute as Series Wraps Final Episode