My Parents Almost Stopped Me From Playing Football- Asisat Oshoala

Forum 3 years ago

My Parents Almost Stopped Me From Playing Football- Asisat Oshoala

Four-time African Women’s Footballer of the Year, Asisat Oshola, has revealed that her parents made serious attempts to stop her from playing professional football.

Oshoala, who currently plays for Barcelona’s female team is among the best female strikers in the world considering what she has achieved since she started her football career on the streets of Ikorodu in Lagos.

Four-time African Women’s Footballer of the Year award winner, a scorer at two World Cups and in a Champions League final in Barcelona Femeni’s 4-1 defeat to Lyon last year and still only 25, success seems to have come easy to Oshoala.

But the journey was not rosy for Oshoala due to the pressure she faced from her parents who only wanted her to face her studies.

While speaking with the Guardian, Asisat Oshoala explained that she was banned by her parents not to go out of the house to play football.

“I feel like everything is happening according to time.

It’s stage by stage with life, with everything. “I know thousands of kids are still going through the same thing I went through when I was young.

“Parents will say they want their kids to go to school, they don’t want them in sport, especially girls,” the former Rivers Angel striker explained.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: I didn’t say that – Ten Hag on playing UCL after 2-2 draw with Bournemouth
Forum | 4 days ago

EPL: I didn’t say that – Ten Hag on playing UCL after 2-2 draw with Bournemouth

91 Chibok Girls’ Parents Seek Audience With Tinubu’s Wife
Forum | 1 week ago

91 Chibok Girls’ Parents Seek Audience With Tinubu’s Wife

Mary: Anthony Hopkins Is Playing King Herod in New Biblical Epic, Details Revealed
Forum | 1 week ago

Mary: Anthony Hopkins Is Playing King Herod in New Biblical Epic, Details Revealed

Absolutely exceptional’ – Michael Owen reveals best football manager on planet
Forum | 1 week ago

Absolutely exceptional’ – Michael Owen reveals best football manager on planet