Bayern Munich Felt Invincible In Champions League Final – Kimmich Speaks Out

Forum 3 years ago

Bayern Munich Felt Invincible In Champions League Final – Kimmich Speaks Out

Joshua Kimmich has revealed that Bayern Munich had a “feeling of invincibility” during Sunday’s Champions League final in Lisbon.

Bayern became the first side to win the competition with a 100% record after picking up an 11th consecutive victory against Paris Saint-Germain at Benfica’s Estadio da Luz.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/599ea2fc0c77c1f11185b4124b65025a.jpg

Hansi Flick’s side had scored 18 goals in total during knockout stage wins over Chelsea, Barcelona and Lyon, but the Ligue 1 champions provided a far sterner test in the showpiece event.

Kimmich has acknowledged the fact that Bayern weren’t at their free-flowing best against PSG, but also admitted that the squad was always confident of success after their unprecedented run to the final.

“It is the biggest day of my career. I can’t describe what it means to be on the pitch with a team like this one,” the German midfielder told the club’s official website.

“Winning a title like that with brothers is the best you can achieve. Hansi Flick has given us a very good feeling in the camp and given us a lot of confidence right from the off.

“Each victory has given us more and more confidence. When you make mistakes, someone else makes up for them.

“We weren’t without mistakes (in the final) either, but we had a slight feeling of invincibility. I think we deserved to win this competition.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Sweet Tooth Season 3 Teaser Trailer Sets Release Date for Final Installment
Forum | 12 hours ago

Sweet Tooth Season 3 Teaser Trailer Sets Release Date for Final Installment

Young Sheldon Stars Share Tribute as Series Wraps Final Episode
Forum | 12 hours ago

Young Sheldon Stars Share Tribute as Series Wraps Final Episode

Champions League: Mbappe names club he wants to win trophy with
Forum | 16 hours ago

Champions League: Mbappe names club he wants to win trophy with