Top 15 Football Facts That You Didn’t Know About

Forum 3 years ago

Top 15 Football Facts That You Didn’t Know About

1. The World’s first Football club is Sheffield Football Club. The English Club was founded in 1857 by two British Army Officers, Colonel Nathaniel Cresswick and Major William Priest.

2. European Teams have reached every world cup finals except 1930 and 1950 world cup finals.

3. Only Americans and Canadians call football “Soccer”.

4. The word Soccer was formed by England. It was the short form of ‘Association of Football’ back in the 19th century.

5. Arthur Wharton was the first Black player in the 1800

6. The Highest scoring game was 149-0. the losing team Stade Olympique de L’emyrne, scored own goals, they did it to protest against the last match were the refree was unfair to them.

7. Football is the Most popular sport in the world. Over 1 billion people watched the world cup.

8. One of the fastest goals ever recorded was in 2.8 seconds. Ricardo Olivera from Uruguay scored it in December 1998.

9. Keepers in football didn’t have to wear a different colour of shirts from their team mates till it was changed in 1913.

10. The Bangkok League seven-aside competition, hosted the largest football tournament with 5,098 teams and 35,000 players.

11. Ronaldinho became recognised when his team won a match 23-0 and he scored all 23.

12. The ball used for professional football has been the same shape and size for as much as 120 years.

13. A total of 20 red cards were given in a match between Sportivo Ameliano vs General Caballero in Paraguay.

14. Over 80% of the world’s football is being manufactured in Pakistan.

15. Sir Alex Ferguson was once fired for swearing at a lady in 1978.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Absolutely exceptional’ – Michael Owen reveals best football manager on planet
Forum | 1 week ago

Absolutely exceptional’ – Michael Owen reveals best football manager on planet

“She no know say I be celebrity” — Regina Daniels laments as her mom asks her to wash plates
Forum | 1 week ago

“She no know say I be celebrity” — Regina Daniels laments as her mom asks her to wash plates

Ozil reveals only club missing in his football career
Forum | 1 week ago

Ozil reveals only club missing in his football career

‘I don’t know if I’ll live to be 100’ – Varane
Forum | 2 weeks ago

‘I don’t know if I’ll live to be 100’ – Varane