The Mandalorian's Moff Gideon Has A Surprising Connection to The Force

Forum 3 years ago

The Mandalorian's Moff Gideon Has A Surprising Connection to The Force

The Mandalorian's Moff Gideon has a surprising connection to the Force, Giancarlo Esposito teases. Only debuting in the penultimate episode of the show's first season, the character is poised to be the Disney+ show's ultimate villain. As Din Djarin (Pedro Pascal) and Baby Yoda go on their new adventure to reunite the Child with his people, the former Imperial officer will be on their tail, wanting to get his hands on the mysterious infant.

A lot is still unknown about Moff Gideon, and instead of providing answers, The Mandalorian season 1 finale only added to the mystery when he's revealed to be wielding the Darksaber. The unique weapon was last seen with Bo-Katan Kryze in Star Wars Rebels. From there, it's unknown how Gideon got his hands on it. Although it's possible that a previous encounter with the Mandalorian resulted in him swiping the magical sword. While Esposito can't say anything specific about his character's past and future, he does tease that The Mandalorian season 2 will reveal his connections to the Force.

Speaking with SYFY in light of The Mandalorian's string of Emmy nominations, the actor was asked if Moff Gideon is Force-sensitive. Esposito understandably can't answer this straightforwardly, but he floats the idea that maybe he is. Regardless, the actor says that his character has an "old school" connection to the Force.

I say that’s a possibility. I can’t say for sure that that is completely the truth, but look, we’ve seen him come out of his TIE fighter, and we’ve seen him also with the Darksaber. I would have to say that there’s some surprises coming down the pike in regards to the connection he has to the Force. You don’t quite know where he fits in there, but he certainly has some information that we don’t that connects him to the old school.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/2fe7da1cb326085cdc123ad4bdbc4d29.jpg

It's difficult to say what Esposito means when he described his connection to the Force. It makes sense that he was keen on making his answer vague so as not to give any potential spoilers, but the way he put it, Gideon's connection to the Force can be anything from him knowing someone who is sensitive to it to the character being Force-sensitive himself. At this point in The Mandalorian, only Baby Yoda has exhibited a connection to the Force, and this may be the reason why he wants to get a hold of the infant.

Fortunately, fans won't have to wait to learn more about Moff Gideon and his supposed connection to the Force. Unlike a lot of small and big screen production that have been delayed due to the coronavirus pandemic, the Jon Favreau-created series wrapped up filming for its second season days before shelter-in-place mandates were issued. Given this, it's still on track to release on Disney+ this fall. Whether or not it'll be able to stick to its release date for The Mandalorian's inevitable season 3 remains to be seen considering that no one really knows how the global health crisis situation will shake out in the next several months.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Photos Of Nigeria Air Force Bombarding Terrorists’ Hideout With Air Strikes In Zamfara
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Photos Of Nigeria Air Force Bombarding Terrorists’ Hideout With Air Strikes In Zamfara

The Mandalorian & Grogu Release Date Set for Star Wars Movie
Forum | 3 weeks ago

The Mandalorian & Grogu Release Date Set for Star Wars Movie

I Wan See Where That Connection Reach – VeryDarkMan Reacts to Arrest of Bobrisky
Forum | 3 weeks ago

I Wan See Where That Connection Reach – VeryDarkMan Reacts to Arrest of Bobrisky

I Don’t Want To Be Your Friend, It’s Not By Force – Wike Blasts FCT Senator, Kingibe
Forum | 1 month ago

I Don’t Want To Be Your Friend, It’s Not By Force – Wike Blasts FCT Senator, Kingibe