Silva Set To Undergo Chelsea Medical In Milan On Thursday

Forum 3 years ago

Silva Set To Undergo Chelsea Medical In Milan On Thursday

Thiago Silva is due to undergo a Chelsea medical in Milan on Thursday – despite last-ditch efforts by Paris Saint-Germain to offer him a new deal.

The finishing touches to an offer have been agreed between Chelsea and the 35-year-old defender in the past 48 hours.

After undergoing his medical in Milan, the centre-back is then expected to fly from Italy to London on Friday to begin a 14-day period of self-isolation before joining up with Frank Lampard’s squad.

Although joining on a 12-month contract, it is believed the Brazil international could stay at Stamford Bridge for a further season.

Silva said his goodbyes to PSG fans in a social media post on Wednesday evening ahead of his proposed move to the Premier League.

“Today a cycle ends, after eight years with the PSG team I would like to thank my teammates, the whole technical team and management, the fans, my family, God and friends, for all these happy moments we experienced in the city of light,” he said.

Former Chelsea captain John Terry appeared to welcome the proposed move in a reply to the post.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
The Lord of the Rings Trilogy Theatrical Rerelease Dates Set for 2024 Return
Forum | 1 hour ago

The Lord of the Rings Trilogy Theatrical Rerelease Dates Set for 2024 Return

Between The Temples Release Date Set for Jason Schwartzman Comedy Movie
Forum | 19 hours ago

Between The Temples Release Date Set for Jason Schwartzman Comedy Movie

Lady Heartbroken After Finding Out That Boyfriend of 5 Years is Set to Marry Another Woman
Forum | 1 day ago

Lady Heartbroken After Finding Out That Boyfriend of 5 Years is Set to Marry Another Woman

Shoresy Season 3 Hulu Release Date Set in First-Look Images
Forum | 2 days ago

Shoresy Season 3 Hulu Release Date Set in First-Look Images