Tiwa Savage Shares a Grammy Worthy 4th Studio Album - "Celia" Review

Forum 3 years ago

Tiwa Savage Shares a Grammy Worthy 4th Studio Album - "Celia" Review

African renowned singer and songwriter, Tiwatope Savage professionally known as Tiwa Savage returns with a brand new album tagged "Celia" to immortalize her mother.

"Celia" is her fourth studio album and it features Naira Marely, Stefflon Don, Dice Ailes, Davido, Sam Smith and Hamzaa. Tiwa Savage via her twitter handle revealed the album is dedicated to the strongest woman she had known which is her mother. According to the Universal Music Group act, the album is also dedicated to African women as she wishes to encourage them to gun for their dreams.

In her words, This album is afrobeats from a very female perspective, It’s an extension of the African woman: She still values her culture and her upbringing but she’s also well-travelled, so it’s blending those two worlds...I want every woman that listens to this album to feel attached connect to it”.

Tiwa Savage has proven over time to be a strong woman. We can vividly remember her epic performance in 2015 when she rocked the stage in Uganda with her baby bump. She also talked about her failed marriage with "Tunji 'Teebillz' Balogun" in the album. "Celia" is more or less a further push by the singer to motivate women to attempt it all.

The songtress took out time to compile this album for the listening pleasures of her fans. The art direction is dope starting from the cover art down to the track list and melodies. According to Tiwa Savage, the album is a product of three writing camps in Lagos, London Los Angeles, Carlifonia USA, respectively.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/0a807b51212262b3a2f2401dcffa122f.jpg

Considering the fact that August 30 is the deadline for songs and albums eligible for the 63rd Grammy Awards, Tiwa Savage has just released a Grammy Award worthy fourth studio album in "Celia". Tiwa Savage dished out her debut album "Once Upon a Time" in 2013 and hopes her 2020 released "Celia" album gets nominated for 2021 Grammy Awards.

• The first track "Save My Life" comes with a soothing melody. The intelligible vocals by Tiwa Savage will get your earpiece glued to your ear. You'll definitely resist skipping this track.

• Tiwa Savage links up with controversial rapper, Naira Marely in "Ole". "Ole" is a banging tune and one of my favourites. The lyric is top notch not forgetting the awesome instrumental by Rexxie.

• In "Bombay" featuring Stefflon Don and Dice Ailes, Tiwa Savage gives fans a sexually appealing vibe. Steflon Don and Dice Ailes gave it their best in ensuring the message is perfectly delivered.

• Speroach Beatz gifts Tiwa Savage a banging tune in "Park Well". Davido's post-chorus verse was enough to get this track into "Celia Album". This is my favourite track.

• "Us (Interlude)" is a magical alternative sound produced by Pheelz. The talented music producer links up with Tiwa Savage to offer us a lilting vibe for the soul.

• "FWMMA" could be Tiwa Savage's single about her failed marriage. The singer makes it plain that her man has had his time and should not 'F*ck With Her Mind' again.

• Warner music singer and instrumentalist, Hamzaa join forces with Tiwa Savage in "Pakalamisi" to address the fact their men are making them go crazy. Once more, Ozedikus gives us a soul sonorous track.

• 'I don't wan border nobody else but all I wanna do is to live and tell my story...flowers that you bring I hope to smell now everybody gets a chance to live their glory"' forms part of this amazing lyrics on "Glory". The song is pulsating but rhythmic.

• "Temptation" featuring Sam Smith is an alternative sound with additional vocals from Fireboy DML. It is a magnificent track released few hours before the full album was premiered.

• Afro beat is a lovely genre or music. Tiwa Savage jumps on this London produced beat tagged "Koroba" to give us something groovy. The vibe is eccentric and melodic.

• "Dangerous Love" produced by Cracker Mallo is one of the singles of the "Celia" album. The afrobeat jam gives a smooth and additive feeling.

• In "Celia's Song" Tiwa Savage went on to dedicate one song to her mother. Though the album is named after her mum, Tiwa needed an alternative sound to express the fact she still misses her mother. This is a very emotional track.

• "Attention" was released last year as a single. The melodic track produced by Blaq Jerzee has one of the best lyrical content as compared to other songs in this album. It's a powerful track that sets you ablaze. ''Attention'' will practically drag you to the dance floor.

Have you heard Tiwa Savage "Celia" album? Please do so!

RATING

Lyrics - 4/5

Production - 5/5

Performance - 4/5

AVERAGE RATING - 4/5

ALBUM REVIEWED BY DAT KULGEE

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Peacemaker Season 2: James Gunn Shares Photo as Production Begins on DCU Series
Forum | 2 days ago

Peacemaker Season 2: James Gunn Shares Photo as Production Begins on DCU Series

The World Is Deeper Than Our Mortal Eyes Can See - BBNaija’s Ka3na Shares Video Of Her Participating In A Ritual For Blessings From ‘Water Goddess’
Forum | 2 days ago

The World Is Deeper Than Our Mortal Eyes Can See - BBNaija’s Ka3na Shares Video Of Her Participating In A Ritual For Blessings From ‘Water Goddess’

BBNaija
Forum | 6 days ago

BBNaija's Chomzy’s Husband Shares Disturbing Post, Causes Fear Online

Grammy Is US Award, Let’s Support Our Own — Joeboy to Colleagues
Forum | 6 days ago

Grammy Is US Award, Let’s Support Our Own — Joeboy to Colleagues