JUST IN!! Jack Grealish Gets First England Call-up From Gareth Southgate

Forum 3 years ago

JUST IN!! Jack Grealish Gets First England Call-up From Gareth Southgate

Aston Villa midfielder Jack Grealish has been given his first England call-up following the withdrawals of Marcus Rashford and Harry Winks from Gareth Southgate’s squad.

The 24-year-old could make his international debut in England’s Nations League matches against Iceland and Denmark, which are both being shown live on Sky Sports.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/170c8b2971a4425ea614d7929665b6b2.jpg

Grealish impressed as he captained Aston Villa to Premier League safety last season, but once more was left out as Southgate named his initial squad last week.

Southgate explained Grealish’s omission was down to the presence of “incredible players” in the squad already who play in the same position, with the England manager mentioning the likes of Mason Greenwood, Jadon Sancho, Raheem Sterling and Marcus Rashford.

Manchester United forward Rashford took to social media to explain his absence shortly after his withdrawal was confirmed on Monday.

“Gutted – never want to let this team down but these fixtures just came a little too soon for me,” Rashford wrote on Twitter.

“I tried my best but I have to focus on starting the season at my strongest for club and country. Good luck boys, I’ll be cheering you on from home.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
We Are Just Friends - American Woman Seen In Cosy Picture With Davido Clarifies
Forum | 2 days ago

We Are Just Friends - American Woman Seen In Cosy Picture With Davido Clarifies

Hollywood Con Queen: Docuseries About High-Profile Scam Gets Apple TV+ Release Date
Forum | 3 days ago

Hollywood Con Queen: Docuseries About High-Profile Scam Gets Apple TV+ Release Date

Chucky Season 4 Gets Update From Creator Don Mancini
Forum | 3 days ago

Chucky Season 4 Gets Update From Creator Don Mancini

Age & Career Of Jack Stratton
Forum | 4 days ago

Age & Career Of Jack Stratton