Imo teachers to Uzodinma: Clear our salary arrears or we won’t reopen schools

Forum 3 years ago

Imo teachers to Uzodinma: Clear our salary arrears or we won’t reopen schools

Teachers in Imo State have vowed not to reopen schools until their accumulated salary arrears have been cleared.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/63c85a300fd4cacfd2ed192bd6ca4df6.jpg

The chairman, Nigeria Union of Teachers (NUT) in the State, Philip Nwansi, who spoke with journalists in Owerri, on Thursday, said that the government had done nothing in settling their arrears of salaries despite meeting with the State governor, Hope Uzodinma on several occasions on the issue.

He said the Governor had in a meeting with NUT some months ago promised to clear arrears of salaries owed to teachers. Nwansi complained that up till the first week of September, salaries of about 2000 teachers in the State had not been paid for about seven months.

He said “In Ngor Okpala LGA, no primary school teacher has received salary since March this year. In Owerri West and other LGAs also, many teachers are yet to receive their salaries.

“There is no way you can tell me that what is holding their salaries is BVN and the banks. We cannot believe that. You cannot tell me that the papers of all the teachers in Ngor Okpala are wrong.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Joker Who Has Never Won An Election – Jimoh Ibrahim Slams Ondo Governor
Forum | 6 days ago

Joker Who Has Never Won An Election – Jimoh Ibrahim Slams Ondo Governor

Joint Security Forces Clear Criminal Hideouts In Anambra, Recover Nine Explosive Devices, Others
Forum | 1 week ago

Joint Security Forces Clear Criminal Hideouts In Anambra, Recover Nine Explosive Devices, Others

Angry Youths Go Wild, Burn Hotel Over Alleged Murder In Imo Community
Forum | 1 week ago

Angry Youths Go Wild, Burn Hotel Over Alleged Murder In Imo Community

Why Nigerian Teachers Are Hardly Rich – Reno Omokri
Forum | 1 week ago

Why Nigerian Teachers Are Hardly Rich – Reno Omokri