Nigeria’s revenue formula needs review – Tinubu

Forum 3 years ago

Nigeria’s revenue formula needs review – Tinubu

The National Leader of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Bola Ahmed Tinubu has called for an urgent review of the revenue formula of the country.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/e082afa818cb689010451d272252a538.jpg

According to Tinubu, if the fiscal elements of Nigeria’s economy are strictly supervised, the population of the country can be turned to prosperity rather than liability.

The APC national leader said this on Saturday in Akure, Ondo State capital during the commissioning of the Ondo State Internal Revenue Service Complex constructed by the Governor Oluwarotimi Akeredolu’s administration.

Commissioning of the complex was part of events to flag off the campaign of Governor Akeredolu’s reelection bid.

Tinubu who observed some loopholes in the revenue formula of Nigeria appealed to governors within the south-west geopolitical zone to apply synergy used in Oodua Investment to address the issue.

Describing Ondo State as a great potential for energy, economy and agriculture, Tinubu said when the potentials were fully utilized and youths were engaged, social unrest in the region would become history

The cumbersome revenue formula of Nigeria as at today needs to be reviewed.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Rebecca Ferguson Discusses Mission: Impossible Exit: ‘It Needs to Be Worth It’
Forum | 10 hours ago

Rebecca Ferguson Discusses Mission: Impossible Exit: ‘It Needs to Be Worth It’

Electricity Tariffs: RSM Calls On Nigerian Labour To Begin Mass Protests Against Tinubu Government
Forum | 13 hours ago

Electricity Tariffs: RSM Calls On Nigerian Labour To Begin Mass Protests Against Tinubu Government

Deteriorating Insecurity In Nigeria Really Concerning - Peter Obi
Forum | 14 hours ago

Deteriorating Insecurity In Nigeria Really Concerning - Peter Obi

What President Tinubu Told Me About My Removal As APC Chairman – Ganduje (Video)
Forum | 1 day ago

What President Tinubu Told Me About My Removal As APC Chairman – Ganduje (Video)