Buhari not ready to concede power, APC looting more than Abacha – Adebanjo

Forum 3 years ago

Buhari not ready to concede power, APC looting more than Abacha – Adebanjo

Yoruba leader, Ayo Adebanjo, has stated that President Muhammadu Buhari is keen on holding on to power.

He said the Nigerian constitution gave the President excess authority, adding that Buhari doesn’t want a review because his powers will reduce.

The Afenifere chieftain said this in an interview with The Sun.

Speaking on the controversial Water Resources Bill, Adebanjo noted that it was part of the problems caused by the constitution.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/07a3e3d244c39a20b735ab1500c509db.jpg

The bill proposes that the federal government control all water sources and river banks.

States governments, groups and prominent Nigerians have declared their opposition to the proposal.

Adebanjo, while giving his position, insisted that Buhari has no integrity.

He condemned the concentration of power despite Nigeria being a multi-ethnic society.

“When I said the man has no integrity, people are quarrelling with me. He does not want to relieve himself of dictatorial power. I have said it before; under the present constitution, Nigeria’s president is the most powerful president in the whole world. Buhari is not ready to concede that power, he just wants to keep us talking until another election. Anybody who is talking about doing another election without going back to federalism is just wasting his time. You do another election under this constitution, you go back again. They will rig it and tell you to go to court and the court will confirm it. I have been in this game when Buhari was a toddler. So, he can’t deceive me.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Probe Wike, Other Former Governors Under Buhari For Corruption - Timi Frank Urges EFCC
Forum | 11 hours ago

Probe Wike, Other Former Governors Under Buhari For Corruption - Timi Frank Urges EFCC

Radio Silence Reveal Abigail’s Ready or Not Easter Egg
Forum | 1 day ago

Radio Silence Reveal Abigail’s Ready or Not Easter Egg

Court Reverses Order Suspending Ganduje As APC National Chairman
Forum | 1 day ago

Court Reverses Order Suspending Ganduje As APC National Chairman

Another APC Ward Faction Suspends Ganduje
Forum | 2 days ago

Another APC Ward Faction Suspends Ganduje