Test Results Of Ondo Killer Disease Out Soon – Gov. Mimiko

Forum 8 years ago

Test Results Of Ondo Killer Disease Out Soon – Gov. Mimiko

Governor of Ondo State Dr. Olusegun Mimiko, on Wednesday in Abuja assured eager Nigerians that the cause of the strange disease and its accompanying deaths in Ode-Irele Local Government Area of the state would be out soon.

He stressed that what had been largely described as “mysterious diseases” was not epidemic as was initially assumed.

Mimiko made this known in a chat with journalists in Abuja shortly after he received a letter of recognition presented to him by the National Universities Commission on the proposed Ondo State University of Medical Science.

He said, “Let me tell you what we have discovered and what we are yet to discover. Number one, we have discovered that the cause of the death is neither infection nor contagious.
That gives comfort that it is not an epidemic outbreak.

[ads4]
“What we suspect, based on epidemiological findings yet to be confirmed by toxicological test, is the fact that this is likely death caused by methanol, we will confirm that when we get the result of the toxicological test.

“But I tell you based on the fact and information that we have, we have started sensitisation of our people, especially those indulged in local breweries, perhaps most likely, some local brewed products in circulation in some LGs that is actually methanol. But in the next few days, we will get our hands squarely on it. As I told you, no new death recorded, and we are getting on top of it”.

Meanwhile, the governor expressed appreciation to the NUC leadership for the confidence reposed in the state by letter of recognition issued for the varsity by the commission.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Gov Uzodimma Appoints 16 Special Advisers
Forum | 2 days ago

Gov Uzodimma Appoints 16 Special Advisers

People Inciting Me to Probe Gov Yusuf – Kano Anti-graft Agency Chair
Forum | 3 days ago

Forum | 3 days ago