Newcastle Complete Signing Of Callum Wilson From Bournemouth

Forum 3 years ago

Newcastle Complete Signing Of Callum Wilson From Bournemouth

Callum Wilson has signed for Newcastle from Bournemouth for £20m on a four-year deal.

Wilson turned down Aston Villa and flew from the south coast to Tyneside in Mike Ashley’s private helicopter to complete the deal, leaving Bournemouth after six years following their relegation to the Sky Bet Championship.

Wilson becomes the third-highest transfer fee paid by Newcastle for a player, behind Joelinton (£40m from Hoffenheim in 2019) and Miguel Almiron (£21m from Atlanta United in 2019).

When asked how it felt to sign for Newcastle, Wilson told Sky Sports News:

“It feels amazing. Such a massive club. It wasn’t an easy decision as Villa is back home for me but this club is huge and I want to get off to a flying start.

“The strikers here have been iconic over the years and I want to emulate what they’ve achieved. My son watched the film Goal – so he wanted me to come here! I met most of the boys today, and I can’t wait to get training with them.

“[Alan Shearer] is a hero here and I asked him a few questions when I was coming up, he reiterated I’m making the right decision, and said if I work hard and score goals the fans will love me.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Neuromancer: Masters of the Air’s Callum Turner Joins Cast of New Apple TV+ Sci-Fi Series
Forum | 1 day ago

Neuromancer: Masters of the Air’s Callum Turner Joins Cast of New Apple TV+ Sci-Fi Series

EPL: Brilliant signing – Redknapp backs Chelsea star to have good career at Stamford Bridge
Forum | 4 days ago

EPL: Brilliant signing – Redknapp backs Chelsea star to have good career at Stamford Bridge

Down Cemetery Road: Emma Thompson and Ruth Wilson to Star in Apple TV+ Thriller
Forum | 1 week ago

Down Cemetery Road: Emma Thompson and Ruth Wilson to Star in Apple TV+ Thriller

Apple’s Owen Wilson Golf Comedy Series Finds Its Lead Star
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Apple’s Owen Wilson Golf Comedy Series Finds Its Lead Star