Ndidi Backs Osimhen To Shine At Napoli

Forum 3 years ago

Ndidi Backs Osimhen To Shine At Napoli

Victor Osimhen will do well at Napoli, according to his Super Eagles teammate Wilfred Ndidi.

Following an inspiring season with Lille – where he scored 18 goals in 38 appearances for the Ligue 1 side in the 2019-20 season – he was snapped up by the Neapolitan side in a deal reported to be worth €50 million (£45m/$59m).

The striker first moved to Europe in 2017 with Wolfsburg in the Bundesliga, before moving to Charleroi in Belgium, initially on loan and then in a permanent transfer.

He was hugely impressive in Belgium as he managed 36 goals in 37 appearances, earning him a €14m (£13m/$17m) move to Ligue 1, where his impressive scoring form earned him a move to Italy.

Nevertheless, his teammate at the Super Eagles has tipped him to shine for Gennaro Gattuso’s men, citing his enthusiasm to win as a key factor.

“Whenever Victor is in front [of goal], I also see the ‘ginger’ [enthusiasm]. So, I am very sure that he is going to do well,” Ndidi told NFF media.

“I say good luck to him. He is a great player, he has this energy of wanting to win and I pray God will protect him.

“It won’t be easy because it’s a new team, but I know he is going to do well.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
PDP NWC Backs Damagum As Acting National Chairman
Forum | 12 hours ago

PDP NWC Backs Damagum As Acting National Chairman

Transfer: Napoli identify top striker to replace Osimhen
Forum | 6 days ago

Transfer: Napoli identify top striker to replace Osimhen

Transfer: Napoli reject Chelsea’s offer for Osimhen
Forum | 1 week ago