Femi Fani Kayode Blasts Tinubu For Failing To Stand Up To Greet Ooni Of Ife At An Event

Forum 3 years ago

Femi Fani Kayode Blasts Tinubu For Failing To Stand Up To Greet Ooni Of Ife At An Event

Former Minister of Aviation, Femi Fani-Kayode, has criticized former Lagos State governor, Bola Tinubu, for failing to stand up to greet the Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi, at the Coronation of the Oniru of Iruland in Lagos state on Sunday, September 6, 2020.

The Ooni of Ife arrived at the event and was walking to the high table when he stopped by to greet Tinubu.

However, there has been mixed reactions, as some Nigerians took to social media to blast Tinubu for failing to accord the monarch some respect by standing up to greet him as Tinubu can be seen sitting down. Others have also blamed the monarch for stopping to greet Tinubu.

In a tweet posted September 10, Femi says it was insulting and shameful for the Former Lagos State governor to have refused to stand up to greet the monarch.

He tweeted;

”That the Asiwaju of Bourdillon refused to stand up to greet the Ooni of Ife speaks volumes. This was not only deeply insulting to every Ife & indeed son & daughter of Odua but it is also a crying shame. Would a northern pol. leader refuse to stand up for his traditional ruler?”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Electricity Tariffs: RSM Calls On Nigerian Labour To Begin Mass Protests Against Tinubu Government
Forum | 1 day ago

Electricity Tariffs: RSM Calls On Nigerian Labour To Begin Mass Protests Against Tinubu Government

Brian Cox Blasts Ridley Scott’s Napoleon, Calls Joaquin Phoenix Terrible: ‘It’s Totally His Fault’
Forum | 1 day ago

Brian Cox Blasts Ridley Scott’s Napoleon, Calls Joaquin Phoenix Terrible: ‘It’s Totally His Fault’

What President Tinubu Told Me About My Removal As APC Chairman – Ganduje (Video)
Forum | 2 days ago

What President Tinubu Told Me About My Removal As APC Chairman – Ganduje (Video)

APC Chieftain Begs Tinubu to Settle Kwankwaso-Ganduje Feud
Forum | 3 days ago

APC Chieftain Begs Tinubu to Settle Kwankwaso-Ganduje Feud