Time To Clean Myself Up – Chelsea Star Drinkwater

Forum 3 years ago

Time To Clean Myself Up – Chelsea Star Drinkwater

Chelsea midfielder Danny Drinkwater says he needs to “clean myself up” in order to get his career back on track after a “sticky” four years.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/d7d19ea754a3262f474a9b49e917caac.png

A Premier League winner with Leicester in 2016, Drinkwater has played only 29 games since joining Chelsea in 2017.

He also had off-field problems – a drink-driving charge, being assaulted in a nightclub and headbutting team-mate Jota while on loan at Aston Villa.

“I have taken a good look at myself loads of times,” he told the Telegraph.

“I told myself that I needed to clean myself up big time.

“I had a wake-up call after the drink-driving, another wake-up call after the nightclub and then another wake-up call after the incident at Villa. Then it’s like, this has got to stop.”

He was not allocated a squad number for 2019-20 when Chelsea announced theirs on Thursday, with new signing Thiago Silva taking Drinkwater’s former number six.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Clean Air: The Old Guard 2 Director to Helm NASCAR Rom-Com Movie Produced by Will Smith
Forum | 2 days ago

Clean Air: The Old Guard 2 Director to Helm NASCAR Rom-Com Movie Produced by Will Smith

BBNaija Star Omashola Explains Why Fake Money Was Sprayed at His Wedding
Forum | 3 days ago

BBNaija Star Omashola Explains Why Fake Money Was Sprayed at His Wedding

Junior Pope: It’s Time To Prioritise Actors’ Welfare - Actress, Hilda Dokubo Says
Forum | 3 days ago

Junior Pope: It’s Time To Prioritise Actors’ Welfare - Actress, Hilda Dokubo Says

Down Cemetery Road: Emma Thompson and Ruth Wilson to Star in Apple TV+ Thriller
Forum | 3 days ago

Down Cemetery Road: Emma Thompson and Ruth Wilson to Star in Apple TV+ Thriller