Arsenal Striker Lacazette Finally Speaks On Joining Atletico Madrid In Swap Deal For Partey

Forum 3 years ago

Arsenal Striker Lacazette Finally Speaks On Joining Atletico Madrid In Swap Deal For Partey

Arsenal striker, Alexandre Lacazette, has played down speculation he could be used in a swap deal for Atletico Madrid’s Thomas Partey.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/fa5976e7117c3d34cbdfb62d41409a4e.png

Lacazette, speaking with L’Equipe, insisted he wants to see out the final two years of his contract with the Gunners.

The 29-year-old scored just 12 goals in all competitions last season and Mikel Arteta is open to offloading him to raise funds for new signings.

Partey and Lyon midfielder Houssem Aouar remain Arteta’s priority, as he seeks to bolster his midfield.

Atleti are long-term admirers of Lacazette and it has been suggested Arsenal have tried to use the French striker to convince them to part with Partey.

But Lacazette is confident he remains a key part of Arteta’s plans.

“If this is true, no, it does not please me.

“But what matters is the choice of the coach [Mikel Arteta] and his confidence.

“He’s the one who makes the team, not the managers upstairs in the offices, and I know I have his confidence.

“I’m at Arsenal, I signed a five-year contract to progress and win titles. I have two years left. I am determined to stay,” he said.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Anti-Party: APC Speaks On Suspending El-Rufai
Forum | 2 days ago

Anti-Party: APC Speaks On Suspending El-Rufai

EPL Title: Arsene Wenger reveals one advantage Arsenal have over Man City
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL Title: Arsene Wenger reveals one advantage Arsenal have over Man City

X-Men ’97 Directors Talk Potentially Joining X-Men MCU Reboot
Forum | 4 days ago

X-Men ’97 Directors Talk Potentially Joining X-Men MCU Reboot