Willian’s Desire For Trophies Will Drive Arsenal – Arteta

Forum 3 years ago

Willian’s Desire For Trophies Will Drive Arsenal – Arteta

Mikel Arteta says Willian is hungry to lift trophies at Arsenal and hopes his experience of winning silverware with Chelsea will rub off on his new team-mates.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/57c264acfc10a7d70a5a61cf98195d17.png

The Brazilian left Stamford Bridge for Arsenal this summer, joining on a free transfer and signing a three-year contract.

During his time at Chelsea, Willian won the Premier League twice, the FA Cup, Carabao Cup and Europa League.

Arteta says his summer recruits wants to continue that trophy-laden run in north London and marked his debut against Fulham on Saturday by setting up every goal in a 3-0 victory.

“I’m really pleased because he showed how much he really wants it and how much he is going to drive the other players on in order to achieve that,” said Arteta.

“With some players when that happened they have a full stomach but with Willian I got the opposite feeling, that he wanted more and how he wanted to move to a different club and get to the level that he got before.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: ‘He was outstanding’ – Arteta names player that helped Arsenal beat Wolves
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: ‘He was outstanding’ – Arteta names player that helped Arsenal beat Wolves

SPORT 20 mins ago EPL: Arsenal go top with 2-0 win at Wolves
Forum | 2 days ago

SPORT 20 mins ago EPL: Arsenal go top with 2-0 win at Wolves

Driver Arrested For Cramming 15 Children Into A Car In Lagos
Forum | 3 days ago

Driver Arrested For Cramming 15 Children Into A Car In Lagos