Samuel Umtiti’s Wage Is An Issue

Forum 3 years ago

Samuel Umtiti’s Wage Is An Issue

Lyon have publically acknowledged that they would be delighted to have FC Barcelona player, Samuel Umtiti.

However, Juninho, the club’s sporting director, and Rudi García, their manager, see the deal complicated due to the high wage of the CB.

Samuel Umtiti wants to stay at FC Barcelona. But the Catalan side would be willing to open the exit doors to him and Lyon have volunteered to welcome him.

There is a problem: Umtiti’s wage. Lyon can’t afford to pay the FC Barcelona CB so much.

“Umtiti’s salary is not possible. If he wants to return home, I will go and find him right away, but the level of contract he has right now is not for us”, Juninho recently said.

Rudi García, who would be willing to have the experienced defender, also sees his signing as complicated. “I have spoken to the club about Umtiti, of course. He’s a great defender, but I don’t know if the deal is possible economically…”, he stated to ‘Téléfoot’.

“I would like to have Umtiti, of course, but I don’t think it’s feasible”, the Lyon manager lamented.

If Umtiti was willing to lower his salary, Lyon would be delighted to open the doors for him. This is the only way the French club could afford to have the centre-back.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Chris Sutton predicts Liverpool vs Crystal Palace, reveals major issue with Reds
Forum | 1 week ago

EPL: Chris Sutton predicts Liverpool vs Crystal Palace, reveals major issue with Reds

What Difference Does It Make? Actor, Uti Nwachukwu Speaks On The Ethnic Issue In Nollywood
Forum | 1 month ago

What Difference Does It Make? Actor, Uti Nwachukwu Speaks On The Ethnic Issue In Nollywood

Damaged Trailer: Samuel L. Jackson Leads Crime Thriller Movie
Forum | 1 month ago

Damaged Trailer: Samuel L. Jackson Leads Crime Thriller Movie

I Don’t Have An Issue With Threesome – Actress Elvina Ibru (Video)
Forum | 1 month ago

I Don’t Have An Issue With Threesome – Actress Elvina Ibru (Video)