Arsenal Stars Alexandre Lacazette, Ian Wright React To New Deal Announcement

Forum 3 years ago

Arsenal Stars Alexandre Lacazette, Ian Wright React To New Deal Announcement

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang’s decision to sign a new contract with Arsenal has been met with jubilation from the club’s supporters and the club’s dressing room too.

One of the biggest fans of the Gabon international confirming he is staying at the Emirates Stadium was team-mate Alexandre Lacazette.

Aubameyang will remain in north London until 2023 after penning a new three-year deal worth £250,000-per-week, making him one of the club’s highest earners.

The 31-year-old proved his status as the club’s most important player with 23 Premier League goals last season and netted a brace against Chelsea to clinch the FA Cup in August.

While Lacazette may see Aubameyang as competition for a place in Mikel Arteta’s starting XI, the Frenchman could not hide his delight after the announcement was finally made official.

After joining the live chat on Instagram, Lacazette said: “Congratulations my brother! Finally after one month after the [gestures with sand timer]… you have the biggest ego in the world.

“But it’s better now. Congrats bro, I’m really happy for you.”

https://i1.wp.com/static.standard.co.uk/s3fs-public/thumbnails/image/2020/09/15/17/aubameyang-lacazette-instagram-150920abc.png?ssl=1

In an amusing exchange, Aubameyang asked why the pair weren’t speaking in their native tongue before signing off with a French goodbye.

Gunners legend Ian Wright also backed Aubameyang’s decision to stay, exclaiming: “My captain! I love you man!

“Can I just say because there’s so many people who want to question you… for you to sign for us when we needed you most and when legends left, you are a legend. I love you captain, thank you!”

Wright then uploaded an animated video to his Twitter account which appeared to depict himself and Aubameyang hugging, summarising his emotional response.

During the announcement video on Instagram Live, several Arsenal players – including Willian, Joe Willock, Reiss Nelson and Lacazette – all posted in the comments section to show their approval of the deal.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
They Never Left Each Other - Social Media Users React To Soma’s Comment On Angel
Forum | 3 days ago

They Never Left Each Other - Social Media Users React To Soma’s Comment On Angel's Photo Amid Breakup Rumours

Shallipopi
Forum | 3 days ago

Shallipopi's New Album, Shakespopi Claims 1st-9th Position On Apple Music

EPL: It’s not over yet – Declan Rice on title race after Arsenal defeat
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: It’s not over yet – Declan Rice on title race after Arsenal defeat

EPL: It’s gone 100% – Merson slams Arteta as Arsenal lose in title race
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: It’s gone 100% – Merson slams Arteta as Arsenal lose in title race