Timo Werner Explained Why He Chose Chelsea Over Liverpool

Forum 3 years ago

Timo Werner Explained Why He Chose Chelsea Over Liverpool

Timo Werner, one of Chelsea’s new faces, was in a press conference on Wednesday and revealed why he chose the West Londoners over Liverpool.

Chelsea are the team who have been the most active in the transfer market. The Blues have spent 223.2 million euros on just four players.

One of them is Werner, who they paid RB Leipzig 53 million euros for. The German striker accepted a move to Chelsea and not to Liverpool, who also wanted him.

Curiously, the footballer himself revealed this Wednesday why he opted for Frank Lampard’s side.

“When I decided to leave RB Leipzig, I spoke to different clubs, like Liverpool, who have a great team. But in the end I went for Chelsea. Not only because of their style of football, but also because of what they’ve shown me,” the German said.

But Lampard also had a lot to with it. He was in permanent contact with the player during lockdown. In fact, he himself revelaed that the manager told him how he was going to play with him.

“We couldn’t meet each other before because of the coronavirus. But he called me a lot, he sent me a lot of texts and he showed where he wants me to play and the style of football he wants. It was really important we spoke about the system he wanted,” Werner concluded.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
FA Cup: ‘You want him in front of goal’ – Lampard hails Chelsea star
Forum | 4 days ago

FA Cup: ‘You want him in front of goal’ – Lampard hails Chelsea star

EPL: Brilliant signing – Redknapp backs Chelsea star to have good career at Stamford Bridge
Forum | 4 days ago

EPL: Brilliant signing – Redknapp backs Chelsea star to have good career at Stamford Bridge

SPORT 2 hours ago FA Cup Semi-Final: Why Chelsea lost to Man City – Pochettino
Forum | 5 days ago

SPORT 2 hours ago FA Cup Semi-Final: Why Chelsea lost to Man City – Pochettino

SPORT 2 hours ago EPL: How Liverpool caused Arsenal’s 2-0 defeat to Aston Villa – Alexander-Arnold
Forum | 5 days ago

SPORT 2 hours ago EPL: How Liverpool caused Arsenal’s 2-0 defeat to Aston Villa – Alexander-Arnold