Willian Lifts Lid On David Luiz’s Role In Arsenal Transfer Amid Mikel Arteta Prediction

Forum 3 years ago

Willian Lifts Lid On David Luiz’s Role In Arsenal Transfer Amid Mikel Arteta Prediction

The winger has revealed how his compatriot Luiz convinced him to ditch Chelsea for the Emirates – and says he has been hugely impressed by Arteta’s vision

Willian has opened up on how his “brother” David Luiz helped convince him to ditch Chelsea for Premier League rivals Arsenal.

And the winger has made a bold prediction about Mikel Arteta’s future as a manager after being impressed by the Spaniard’s football vision.

Brazilian ace Willian has made a strong start to life at the Emirates since arriving on a free transfer after his Chelsea contract expired.

The 32-year-old created all three goals as the Gunners kicked off their Premier league campaign with a win over Fulham at Craven Cottage last weekend, and will be targeting more when West Ham visit on Saturday.

But he might not have been at Arsenal had his compatriot Luiz not persuaded him to follow in his footsteps by leaving Chelsea for their London rivals.

“Arteta and Edu were fighting every day for me to come here to Arsenal,” Willian told Premier League Productions

“David was also calling me every day saying: ‘Come, come, you have to come!’

“He is one of my best friends in football. I know David since we were eight years old. He is a brother for me.”

Since arriving at Arsenal, Willian has been inspired by Arteta, who has already guided the Gunners to a record 14th FA Cup triumph and the Community Shield in his first season as a manager.

Arteta served his apprenticeship as Pep Guardiola’s No2 for three-and-a-half years before replacing sacked Unai Emery as Arsenal boss in December last year.

And Willian believes the former Gunners skipper can emulate his former mentor Guardiola by becoming one of the world’s best managers.

“I am very impressed with him. He is a very intelligent manager,” said Willian in quotes reported by the Evening Standard.

“Since we met the first time, I was very impressed with his ideas – how to play, how to manage the game.

“I think in years he will be one of the best managers in the Premier League and in the world as well.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Davido Throws Support Behind Cubana Chief Priest Amid Alleged Naira Abuse
Forum | 1 day ago

Davido Throws Support Behind Cubana Chief Priest Amid Alleged Naira Abuse

Davido, Shallipopi Caught On Video Spraying Naira Notes Amid EFCC Crackdown
Forum | 1 day ago

Davido, Shallipopi Caught On Video Spraying Naira Notes Amid EFCC Crackdown

Ganduje’s Son Visits Kano Anti-Graft Agency Amid ‘Corruption’ Charges Against His Dad
Forum | 1 day ago

Ganduje’s Son Visits Kano Anti-Graft Agency Amid ‘Corruption’ Charges Against His Dad

Transfer: Juventus line up move for Wilfred Ndidi
Forum | 2 days ago

Transfer: Juventus line up move for Wilfred Ndidi