David Harbour Lied About Hopper's Fate On Stranger Things

Forum 3 years ago

David Harbour Lied About Hopper's Fate On Stranger Things

David Harbour has admitted that he lied about the fate of his character Hopper on Stranger Things. At the end of season 3, it appeared as though the Hawkings police chief was killed along with the Mind Flayer. A final scene hinted that an American being held captive in Russa could potentially be Jim Hopper but Harbour said nothing to suggest he would be involved in Stranger Things season 4.David Harbour has admitted that he lied about the fate of his character Hopper on Stranger Things. At the end of season 3, it appeared as though the Hawkings police chief was killed along with the Mind Flayer. A final scene hinted that an American being held captive in Russa could potentially be Jim Hopper but Harbour said nothing to suggest he would be involved in Stranger Things season 4.

The release of the trailer for season 4 confirmed that Hopper is alive and well. Exactly how that is possible is one of the many questions fans should have answered when the Netflix series returns. Filming reportedly began back in February but was halted in March due to the COVID-19 pandemic. That means the release date for Stranger Things season 4 is up and the air and audiences will have to wait to know just how Hopper survived his apparent disintegration at "The Battle of Starcourt."

Speaking with Total Film, David Harbour revealed that he has always known the plan was for Hopper to return. When asked previously, Harbour said that he was just as much in the dark as fans and that he was hoping for a call from Stranger Things creators the Duffer Brothers. But we now know that Harbour was only trying to preserve some mystery in the era of spoilers and social media:

I knew. We knew. We had talked about it. I just wanted to preserve the fantasy for everyone. And it’s such a weird position that we’re in now with so much media, that everybody wants to talk to you about it. I’m very close to the Duffer brothers, and I know where the story’s going, and I’ve known from the get-go.https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/1e7f8093440a3c7bd9bf6152d1ee965e.jpg

The revelation that Hopper survived the events of season 3 likely didn't surprise too many fans of Stranger Things. But what is noteworthy is that the Duffer Brothers have let David Harbour in on the plans for the entire series. Harbour also suggested that events from as far back as season 1 will be revisited when the series continues. Actors can often be left wondering about the fate of their character or what the next plot twist will be just like those of us watching at home. That's not the case for Harbour and perhaps a few other members of the Stranger Things cast.

David Harbour has made it clear that fans should not trust him when he's discussing Stranger Things. He knows how the Duffer Brothers want things to end and the path they'll take to get there. Harbour could look to drop some red herrings or misdirections in future interviews to protect the twists and turns that have kept Stranger Things audiences guessing from the start.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Davido Reveals Only American Artist He Can ‘Disturb’ Himself To Collaborate With
Forum | 3 days ago

Davido Reveals Only American Artist He Can ‘Disturb’ Himself To Collaborate With

Davido Cheers As Fan Proposes To Girlfriend In His Presence
Forum | 4 days ago

Davido Cheers As Fan Proposes To Girlfriend In His Presence

Bobrisky: Nigeria Has Become Dumping Ground For A Lot Of Things - Foluke Daramola
Forum | 4 days ago

Bobrisky: Nigeria Has Become Dumping Ground For A Lot Of Things - Foluke Daramola

Lady Set to Wed Stranger She Met On Twitter After Helping Him Get A Job
Forum | 1 week ago

Lady Set to Wed Stranger She Met On Twitter After Helping Him Get A Job