Frank Lampard Reacts To Christensen’s Red Card In 2 – 0 Defeat

Forum 3 years ago

Frank Lampard Reacts To Christensen’s Red Card In 2 – 0 Defeat

Chelsea manager, Frank Lampard, has admitted that he knew Andreas Christensen would be sent off, after he fouled a goal-bound Sadio Mane.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/cbcb05a53ba701b38e8dc74a1760860e.png

Christensen was shown a red card shortly before half time, after he hauled down Mane, who was clean through on goal.

Referee Paul Tierney initially awarded a yellow card, but reversed his decision after looking at the pitch-side VAR monitor.

Lampard told BBC Sport:

“The red card changes the face of the game, the talk I do at half-time. It forced me into a reshuffle and it was always going to be difficult after that.

“I think it could be given or not. I was perhaps surprised it was given as a yellow first. If it was given as a red straight away, you continue with that.

“We showed moments on the counter-attack when we were dangerous in the first half. My team talk was to be more confident on the ball, but the red card changed the whole team talk.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: It’s unacceptable – Ten Hag reacts to Man Utd’s 4-2 win over Sheffield Utd
Forum | 19 hours ago

EPL: It’s unacceptable – Ten Hag reacts to Man Utd’s 4-2 win over Sheffield Utd

EPL: Liverpool’s title ambition takes hit with 2-0 defeat to Everton
Forum | 19 hours ago

EPL: Liverpool’s title ambition takes hit with 2-0 defeat to Everton

Probe Wike, Other Former Governors Under Buhari For Corruption - Timi Frank Urges EFCC
Forum | 1 day ago

Probe Wike, Other Former Governors Under Buhari For Corruption - Timi Frank Urges EFCC

Davido Reacts After Producer Accused Him of Not Paying Him Royalties
Forum | 1 day ago

Davido Reacts After Producer Accused Him of Not Paying Him Royalties