THE TRUTH!! Mikel Arteta Speaks On Why He Is Not Picking Mesut Ozil After 2 – 0 Win At Leicester

Forum 3 years ago

THE TRUTH!! Mikel Arteta Speaks On Why He Is Not Picking Mesut Ozil After 2 – 0 Win At Leicester

Arsenal manager, Mikel Arteta, has admitted it is “difficult” for Mesut Ozil to be selected at the moment, as he is picking players in the “best condition”.

Ozil was again left out of the Gunners’ squad, for their 2-0 victory over Leicester City in a Carabao Cup third round tie on Wednesday night.

The German playmaker has not featured under Arteta, since football resumed after the lockdown.

Ozil, who is Arsenal’s highest-paid player, has insisted he will not be leaving the Emirates this summer, despite being continually snubbed by Arteta.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/535b68684aec3f60013e2470be1e76c6.jpg

Arteta has always played down the 31-year-old’s continued absence and claims other players are in front of Ozil in the pecking order.

“You can see that the players we are changing, we are using, it’s very difficult every week not for Mesut but for some other players as well to make the squad. Every week we try to pick the right players,” Arteta said at the King Power Stadium.

“I’m really happy with the performance here, how difficult they’re making things for the coaching staff to select the squad.

“It’s difficult for others as well that aren’t involved in the Premier League and didn’t play tonight either. We have a squad of 26, 27 players at the moment and we can’t give playing time to all of them.

“Of course I understand and I respect your questions but I have to try to do my job as fair as possible. I try to select the players that are, in my opinion, in better condition.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Iwobi equals Kanu’s assist record in Fulham’s win at West Ham
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: Iwobi equals Kanu’s assist record in Fulham’s win at West Ham

Oliseh names Super Eagles player that will win AFCON for Nigeria
Forum | 1 day ago

Oliseh names Super Eagles player that will win AFCON for Nigeria

EPL: It’s gone 100% – Merson slams Arteta as Arsenal lose in title race
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: It’s gone 100% – Merson slams Arteta as Arsenal lose in title race