TRANSFER LATEST!! Atletico Madrid-Bound Suarez Knew Koeman Wanted Him Out

Forum 3 years ago

TRANSFER LATEST!! Atletico Madrid-Bound Suarez Knew Koeman Wanted Him Out

Luis Suarez claims to have known that he would be pushed out of Barcelona by Ronald Koeman, but the Uruguayan admits bidding farewell to Camp Nou is still “very hard” after six memorable years.

The Uruguayan striker, who has been deemed surplus to requirements by a new coaching regime in Catalunya, is preparing to cross a Liga divide and link up with Atletico Madrid.

Few could have predicted that such a switch would be made, with Suarez having recorded 198 goals in 283 appearances for Barca.

Koeman, though, is eager to start afresh on the back of a disappointing 2019-20 campaign for the Blaugrana and there is no room in his plans for an experienced South American striker.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/1906c4389ff37cfd089384786fe1d934.jpg

Suarez leaves with four Liga titles and a Champions League triumph to his name and says he will take many happy memories with him to a new chapter in his career at Wanda Metropolitano.

At a press conference to confirm his departure, the 33-year-old frontman – who arrived at Camp Nou in 2014 serving a ban for biting Italy defender Giorgio Chiellini at that summer’s World Cup – told reporters:

“It is very hard to say goodbye but I am very grateful after the club trusted in me in the complicated moment I was living when I arrived.

“My team-mates were always fantastic and everyone knows about my sacrifice here, I am proud of leaving that way.

“Playing here was a dream and I never imagined I could reach these numbers because at Barcelona you always must perform at the top and you will never know how long you will stay.

“There were amazing moments in those years, my best memories are the first Liga championship, the Champions League, the goals and playing with these amazing players I knew before from the PlayStation. I must enjoy these moments.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Ben Stiller Says He Was ‘Affected’ by Zoolander 2 Responses: ‘I Thought Everybody Wanted This’
Forum | 2 hours ago

Ben Stiller Says He Was ‘Affected’ by Zoolander 2 Responses: ‘I Thought Everybody Wanted This’

Transfer: Barcelona to move for Chukwuemeka
Forum | 1 day ago

Transfer: Barcelona to move for Chukwuemeka

It’s Shameful For EFCC to Declare Yahaya Bello Wanted – Activist, Israel Joe
Forum | 1 day ago

It’s Shameful For EFCC to Declare Yahaya Bello Wanted – Activist, Israel Joe

NDLEA Nabs Three Wanted Kingpins, Intercepts Oman-Bound Drug Consignment
Forum | 2 days ago

NDLEA Nabs Three Wanted Kingpins, Intercepts Oman-Bound Drug Consignment