Leeds United Have Completed The Signing Of Diego Llorente From Real Sociedad

Forum 3 years ago

Leeds United Have Completed The Signing Of Diego Llorente From Real Sociedad

The Spanish defender will bolster Marcelo Bielsa’s backline, which has conceded seven Premier League goals already this season.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/9a3d77adddb91ca718f8a48ccd85ad06.jpgLlorente wasted no time stating his admiration for Bielsa – calling him the greatest manager in the world when speaking to Leeds’ official website.

He also shared the role Pablo Hernandez played in convincing him to come to Elland Road.

“I was happy when Leeds United got back to the Premier League and to be here is an honour and it’s a good challenge for me,” said Llorente.

“I talked with Pablo Hernandez and he told me about the team, the city and all of the things he said were good, so the decision for me was very easy and I am excited to be here.

“For me the Premier League is the competition that is the most important in the world of football and it is a challenge to be here and I’m looking forward to getting started and helping my teammates.

“Marcelo Bielsa was also a key factor, for me he is the greatest manager in the world and it is an honour, I’ve come to learn as much as possible from him.”

Leeds United summer transfers 2020

Helder Costa

Wolves (£16 million)

Illan Meslier

Lorient (£5 million)

Jack Harrison

Manchester City (Loan)

Joe Gelhardt

Wigan (£1 million)

Cody Drameh

Fulham (£800,000)

Charlie Allen

Linfield (undisclosed)

Sam Greenwood

Arsenal (undisclosed)

Rodrigo

Valencia (£26 million)

Robin Koch

Freiburg (£13 million)

Crysencio Summerville

Feyenoord (£1 million)

Bielsa has already landed Robin Koch, but the German international has made a shaky start to life in English football.

He’s given away two penalties in two Premier League games and that might see Llorente be thrown in early on in his Leeds career.

It’s clear to see the influence of Bielsa on Llorente’s decision to join Leeds and his international experience should rub off on the entire squad.

Llorente has five caps for Spain, having made his debut in May 2016 against Bosnia and Herzegovina.

In other news, ‘If the club were honest’: Ex-scout names five incredible players Newcastle missed out on

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Chippa United target Black Stars goalie as potential replacement for Nwabali
Forum | 3 days ago

Chippa United target Black Stars goalie as potential replacement for Nwabali

Champions League: Man City vs Real Madrid at Etihad a final – Guardiola
Forum | 5 days ago

Champions League: Man City vs Real Madrid at Etihad a final – Guardiola

Transfer: Tottenham Hotspur, Manchester United make Adarabioyo contact
Forum | 5 days ago

Transfer: Tottenham Hotspur, Manchester United make Adarabioyo contact

Champions League: Why Haaland struggles to score against Real Madrid – Guardiola
Forum | 1 week ago

Champions League: Why Haaland struggles to score against Real Madrid – Guardiola