Nigerian Songwriter Cynthia Morgan "Madrina" Biography & Net Worth (See Details)

Forum 3 years ago

Nigerian Songwriter Cynthia Morgan "Madrina" Biography & Net Worth (See Details)

Cynthia Ikponmwenosa Morgan, popularly known by her previous stage name Cynthia Morgan, now Madrina, is a Nigerian born songwriter and singer. Her music is a fusion of pop, hip hop, dancehall and rap. 

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/c89c277377e427b241ee3f284a46b17c.jpeg

Early life & education

Cynthia Morgan was born and raised in Benin by her single mum after her father left them.

She did both her primary and secondary school education in Benin. There she attained her First School Leaving Certificate and West African Senior School Certificate.

At an early age, Cynthia was already exposed to music and got involved in music when she was just 3 years old.

At age 14, she was already a backup singer for her mother’s musical band.

How old is Madrina; Birthday & age

Cynthia was born on 23rd September 1991. Hence, she is currently 28.

If you are one of her fans, you might want to create some time to send her some good wishes on her special day.

Is Cynthia Morgan married? Any kids?

The hip hop singer is not yet married and has no kid yet. But we promise to keep you updated if anything pops up.

Madrina’s Career

At an early age of 7, Cynthia started writing songs. At 17, she made her debut single which featured General Pype “Dutty Stepping”.

In an interview with hiptv, she revealed that she started backing up her mum at age 14 and kicked off her career at age 16.

In 2008, she proceeded to Lagos state to further her music career.

Cynthia Morgan signed a recording contract with Northside Entertainment Inc. on the 22nd of August 2013.

The record label is owned by Jude Okoye. Not too long after signing with Jude, she released two hit singles “Don’t Break My Heart” and “Lead Me On” which got massive reviews from fans.

Musics

Here are some list of Cynthia’s music

• Dutty Stepping

• Jhybo ft Cynthia Morgan-E jo lefero

• Right Move

• High High High & Ojoro

• Don’t Break My Heart & Lead Me On

• I’m Taken

• Popori

• German Juice

• Come and Do

• Simati Niya

• Baby Mama

• Olowo

• Bubble bup

• No camera’s

Awards & nomination

Madrina Morgan has won several awards and nomination.

Awards nominated for:

She had majority of her nominations in 2014.

• The Headies 2014 – Best Reggae/Dancehall Single.

• BENTV Awards – Best Newcomer.

• Nigeria Entertainment Awards – Best Female Artist of The Year (Nominated)

• BENTV Awards – Best Reggae/Dancehall Artist

• ELOY Awards – Best Female Artist (Nominated)

• Nigeria Entertainment Awards – Best Rap Act of The Year (nominated)

• BENTV Awards – Best Hip-Hop Female Artist (Nominated)

2015 & 2016

• Female Artist of The Year in the Nigeria Entertainment Awards (2015)

• Next Rated in The Headies (2015)

Awards won

• In 2014, she won the South-South Music Awards for Best New Artist and Best Reggae/Dancehall.

• She won The Best Reggae Single in The Headies, 2015.

Top Songs

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/e6f0e0ef7818f6c3407ceb0c70d28793.jpeg

Cynthia Morgan’s Net worth

Cynthia’s net worth is not known. However, in an interview with Sandra Ogbebor on “upfrontwithSandra” on the 24th of May 2020, she revealed that she was ‘broke’.

According to Cynthia, at the time of the interview, she was so broke that she could not even afford a good phone.

In any case, she said she lost everything due to a poor contract she signed with Jude Okoye.

She alleged that the contract had a serious negative impact on her career.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Nigerian Govt to Sell Crude Oil in Naira to Dangote and Other Local Refineries
Forum | 53 mins ago

Nigerian Govt to Sell Crude Oil in Naira to Dangote and Other Local Refineries

Bundesliga: Leverkusen star, Xhaka lauds Nigerian duo after title success
Forum | 1 day ago

Bundesliga: Leverkusen star, Xhaka lauds Nigerian duo after title success

Nigerian Woman Prepares Perfect Birthday Gift For Her Friend Who Loves To Gossip
Forum | 1 day ago

Nigerian Woman Prepares Perfect Birthday Gift For Her Friend Who Loves To Gossip

Biography & Career Of Hank Kuehne
Forum | 1 day ago

Biography & Career Of Hank Kuehne