Ghanaian Actor John Dumelo Biography & Net Worth (See Details)

Forum 3 years ago

Ghanaian Actor John Dumelo Biography & Net Worth (See Details)

John Dumelo is a Ghanaian actor, farmer and politician. On April 1st 2014, he emerged as the first Ghanaian to hit a million likes on Facebook. His parents are Mr. John Dumelo who was a Civil Engineer and Mrs. Antoinette Dumelo a Customs Officer. 

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/3f33e7d607673b342dd4e822695d2467.jpg

John Dumelo Background

John Dumelo was born on the 3rd of February 1984 in Hohoe, Volta Region, Ghana, to Mr John Dumelo and Mrs Antoinette Dumelo as the only boy and last child of three children.

He went to primary school at Christ the King International School, Accra. After, he enrolled at Achimota School for his secondary education. On completing his secondary education, John went on to the prestigious Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Ghana, where he studied Civil Engineering.

John Dumelo is married to Gifty Mawunya Nkornu, and they are blessed with a son.

John Dumelo Career

The Ghanaian celebrity never dreamt of being an actor, but life happened. When John Dumelo was seven years old,movie producer from the GAMA film company visited his school to audition children who would feature in the movie – Baby Thief. John Dumelo was chosen to play Saka – one of the lead characters.

After secondary school, he featured in Ghanaian soap operas – Suncity and About to Wed. John Dumelo got his big break and came to limelight in 2008, with the movie – The King Is Mine. Thus far, John Dumelo has featured in over 80 movies and has won several awards.

Asides acting, John Dumelo is also an industrious and hardworking man. He owns a large expanse of land where he rears grass cutters and snail. He also grows crops like corn, beans, lettuce, cucumber etc. for commercial purposes.

John Dumelo is also a shareholder in one of the biggest I.T companies in Ghana.    

John Dumelo’s Filmography

1991 – 2011

• Baby Thief – 1991

• Hearts of Men – 2009

• The Prince Bride – 2009

• To Love a Prince – 2009

• 4Play – 2010

• A Private Storm – 2010

• Chelsea – 2010

• Gold Not Silver – 2010

• Queen’s Pride – 2010

• Secret Shadows – 2010

• The Game – 2010

• The King is Mine – 2010

• The Maidens – 2010

• Adams Apples film series – 2011 – 2012  

• End of Mirror of Life – 2011

• Humble Hero – 2011

• Single Six – 2011

• Ties that Bind – 2011

2012 – 2018

• Blackmoney – 2012

• End of Brides War – 2012

• The Supremo – 2012

• A Night with Her – 2013

• Blind Lust – 2013

• Crime Suspect – 2013

• Letters to my Mother – 2013

• Never Again – 2013

• One Night in Vegas – 2013

• A Northern Affair – 2014

• Double Cross – 2014

• Final Innocent Sin – 2014

• Ghetto Queen – 2014

• Love or Something Like That – 2014

• Single, Married and Complicated – 2014

• Tales Of Nazir – The Movie – 2015

• Beautiful Ruins – 2016

• If God Be for Us – 2016

• Of Sentimental Value – 2016

• Love Alone – 2017

• Black Men Rock – 2018

• Hero – 2018

John Dumelo’s Political Exploits

John Dumelo was one of the celebrities that campaigned for the National Democratic Congress Ghana (NDC) during their 2016 election. Also, on the 19th of July 2019, John Dumelo picked the NDC nomination form to contest in its primary election as a parliamentary candidate. The party held its primary election on the 24th of August 2019, with John Dumelo emerging as the winner. Hence, he would be contesting to represent the Ayawaso West Wougon Constituency in the 2020 general elections.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/3fe755c0ff90f7f7c20a3f3970b23e34.jpeg

Net Worth

Dumelo's net worth 2020 is estimated to be about 1.3 million US dollars. John Dumelo now into politics is a top Ghanaian actor and the first Ghanaian citizen to hit a million likes on Facebook. He won Best Actor in a lead role in a movie 'A Northern Affair' in 2013.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Stop Sharing Videos of Dead Colleagues Like Junior Pope - Actor Oloketuyi Warns Colleagues
Forum | 2 days ago

Stop Sharing Videos of Dead Colleagues Like Junior Pope - Actor Oloketuyi Warns Colleagues

Frankenstein: Guillermo del Toro Confirms Respected Horror Actor Has ‘Pivotal Cameo’ in Movie
Forum | 2 days ago

Frankenstein: Guillermo del Toro Confirms Respected Horror Actor Has ‘Pivotal Cameo’ in Movie

Rebecca Ferguson Received Phone Calls After Slamming Actor Who Made Her Cry
Forum | 3 days ago

Rebecca Ferguson Received Phone Calls After Slamming Actor Who Made Her Cry

Biography & Career Of Hank Kuehne
Forum | 3 days ago

Biography & Career Of Hank Kuehne