ALBUM REVIEW: Niniola - "Colour & Sounds"

Forum 3 years ago

ALBUM REVIEW: Niniola - "Colour & Sounds"

Nigerian pop singer and songwriter, Niniola Apata better known as Niniola returns with her sophomore album tagged "Colours and Sounds". The Naija Review recording artists dropped her debut album 'This is Me' in 2017 three years after debut single "Ibadi" was released. The single produced by Sarz was featured on several music charts. 'Ibadi' which gained several air plays in 2014 gave Niniola the foundation needed to launch her music career professionally.

Niniola is an Afrobeat and house music artiste. She the elder sister to 'Billionaire' crooner Teniola Apata also known as Teni. Niniola's debut album featured singles 'Maradona', 'Sicker', and 'Saro'.

On October 2, 2020, Niniola released her 15-track second studio album dubbed "Colours and Sound" under her Drumroll records and Naija Review. The album featured artists like Timbaland, Sarz, Femi Kuti, Afro B, Busiswa, Sauti Sol, and Nonso Amadi. Here is 'A 1-Listen Review of Niniola's "Colours and Sounds" Album'.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/bdc2fadd9b84fe39cc444f8943831c88.jpg

• The first track "Night & Day" featuring Nonso Amadi is almost the perfect song to start this album. It's a lovely romantic tune produced by Nonso Amadi.

• Kel P and Niniola link up in "Innocent (Fagbo)". The banging tune has amazing trumpets to give the track the party vibe it has.

• "So Serious" a funky tune with additional support from Kenyan afro-pop band, Sauti Sol is equally produced by Kel P. To me this sound is way below my expectation. Sauti Sol is known for making hits but this is definitely not one of those times.

• "Addicted" by Niniola is one of the singles off this album. The groovy tune is a perfect club jam for a typical African party.

• Shuffle Muzik gives Niniola the Southern African vibe in "Look Like Me". Lovers of Rema's "Woman" and Kiddominant's "E-Wallet" will most likely love this track.

• Nigerian singer, Niniola is known for her love for afro house music and dance hall. She links up with talented producer, Kel P on another banging dance hall jam tagged "Boda Sodiq".

• Just when this track came up, I just knew I've seen my best track off this album. "Oh Sharp" featuring South African singer and songwriter Busiswa produced by Shuffle Muzik is also a SA vibe that's perfect for the clubhouse.

• "Skit" by Timbaland and Niniola is a sixteen seconds record that's more like a bridge before the second half of the album.

• Niniola and American music producer, Timbaland works on another track tagged "Fire". I think Timbaland is doing so much to fit into the afrobeat market working with Niniola just after his performance on Burna Boy's "Twice As Tall" album.

• 'With her sexual vocals, Niniola could be seen pleading singing ...Put am for my body' to British singer Afro B in "My Body".

• Here is another classic single off this album by Niniola. This one tagged "Fantasy" produced by Kel P featuring Femi Kuti is one of the hottest jams off this album. The instrumental is groovy and danceable.

• Immediately this song come up, I had to pause writing to feel the vibe. It's a loud track produced by Sarz that reminds us of Niniola's "Maradona".

• "Omo Rapala" is another thunderous dancehall track by Niniola produced by Sarz.

• It seems Niniola kept the banging tunes in the side B of the album. Her chemistry with Sarz is once more evident in this single tagged "Bana". It's a hot track, to say the least.

• "Addicted (Extended Version)" is another edition of Niniola's "Addicted" single produced by Sarz.

ALBUM RATING

Lyrics - 4/5

Production - 4/5

Performance - 4/5

OVERALL RATING - 3.5/5

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Kristen Stewart: ‘It Sounds Like a F—Ing Nightmare’ Doing a Marvel Movie
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Kristen Stewart: ‘It Sounds Like a F—Ing Nightmare’ Doing a Marvel Movie

How I Delayed My Debut Album Because of Tems – Tyla