Chelsea Striker Giroud Planning To Join The MLS In 2 – 3 Years

Forum 3 years ago

Chelsea Striker Giroud Planning To Join The MLS In 2 – 3 Years

Olivier Giroud has admitted that he would like to move to MLS in “two or three years” while ruling out a potential move to Ligue 1 before the end of his career.https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/8a9c66e8f3a4f14d2c3d0ad7ec1f8fb8.jpg

Giroud is currently featuring for Chelsea, having been with the Blues since joining from Arsenal in January 2018.

The 34-year-old French striker has scored 29 goals in 91 appearances for the club, including one in three appearances this season.

However, Giroud has fallen down the pecking order at Stamford Bridge, with attacking additions Timo Werner, Hakim Ziyech and Kai Havertz this summer.

He was linked with a move to Inter in January, although that move never came to fruition as he remained with Chelsea and regained a more consistent role during the second half of the 2019-20 season.

The striker is still being tipped for a departure, although he says that his priority would be to play in a new league when and if he leaves Stamford Bridge.

“Honestly, a return to France is not my priority. It is not my priority career choice. I do not exclude anything, but if I have to change course, I am currently more focused on a new adventure in a foreign league,” Giroud told RMC.

“I hope to play at the highest level for two or three more years if my body allows me. Afterwards, I never hid an interest in a possible challenge in the United States. It was relevant a few months ago, but it was much too early.

“I’ll think about it. I was also close to signing in Italy, I know that the Italians like experienced players. I won’t deny myself anything. It will be above all a question of opportunities at that moment.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
One Hundred Years of Solitude Teaser Trailer Reveals Netflix Series Based on Masterpiece Novel
Forum | 2 days ago

One Hundred Years of Solitude Teaser Trailer Reveals Netflix Series Based on Masterpiece Novel

Transfer: Sani Faisal set to join Nwabali at Chippa United
Forum | 1 week ago

Transfer: Sani Faisal set to join Nwabali at Chippa United

EPL: 11 Chelsea players miss training ahead of Everton clash
Forum | 1 week ago

EPL: 11 Chelsea players miss training ahead of Everton clash

Nia DaCosta in Talks to Direct Second 28 Years Later Movie
Forum | 1 week ago

Nia DaCosta in Talks to Direct Second 28 Years Later Movie