The Boys BTS Images Give Fans an Early Look at Queen Maeve’s Armor

Forum 3 years ago

The Boys BTS Images Give Fans an Early Look at Queen Maeve’s Armor

Team LJ Supersuits, which designs suits for Amazon Prime's The Boys, showcases an early version of Queen Maeve's costume on Instagram.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/cbdf4f5ac3a3a2d23a4ce65ae8977a70.jpg

New behind the scenes images for The Boys show an early rendition of Queen Maeve's (Dominique McElligott) costume. Although Amazon Prime's superhero show aired its season 2 finale just days prior, fans are already eager for season 3. Showrunner Eric Kripke has even taken to Twitter to tease season 3 details, including Black Noir (Nathan Mitchell) potentially removing his mask. As such, it goes without saying that The Boys fans are hanging onto every detail and Easter Egg that they can.

While Queen Maeve is part of The Seven, she is arguably one of the few members with a conscience. One of Queen Maeve's central storylines in season 2 revolved around her relationship with Elena (Nicola Correia-Damude). Although Maeve cares deeply about Elena, Homelander (Antony Starr) forces the two into the spotlight for his own twisted amusement. Yet despite Maeve's involvement with The Seven, she shows her true colors through ultimately standing up for what's right, from saving Starlight from Black Noir to blackmailing Homelander with footage of their botched airplane "rescue."

A new set of images from Team LJ Supersuits shows an early costume design for Queen Maeve. Team LJ Supersuits, which also designs suits for shows like Titans, Black Lightning, and Stargirl, revealed that initial versions of Maeve's armor included a spiral pattern that's similar to the design on her current costume. In addition, the original design includes cut outs in the front and back, as well as shoulder pads emblazoned with stars and what looks to be a protective arm guard. You can check out Supersuits' incredible series of photos below:

While Queen Maeve is never seen without her silver and maroon costume while in action, her secret identity as Maggie Shaw does mean that fans occasionally see her in casual clothes. Still, it's likely that season 3 will lean more into Queen Maeve's life as a hero rather than as a civilian. After all, she's not only responsible for Black Noir going into anaphylactic shock, but Homelander allowing Billy Butcher (Karl Urban) to escape with Ryan (Cameron Crovetti). That being said, there's no telling what dangers Maeve will face next, and it will be cool to see if her costume has any defensive properties that will be activated next season.

This isn't the first time that viewers have gotten an insider look at a supe's costume; just last month, Antony Starr shared an early version of Homelander's blue suit. As such, while seeing The Seven on screen is always a breathtaking (if nerve-wracking) sight, it's important to give credit where credit is due: The Boys' greatest heroes wouldn't look nearly as good without its dedicated team of costume designers.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Portable Begs EFCC After Spraying Money to Fans Amidst Bobrisky’s Jail Term
Forum | 3 days ago

Portable Begs EFCC After Spraying Money to Fans Amidst Bobrisky’s Jail Term

Queen Rock Montreal Sets Disney+ Streaming Release Date
Forum | 4 days ago

Queen Rock Montreal Sets Disney+ Streaming Release Date

It Is Too Early to Threaten Nigerians With 2027 Election – Kaduna Cleric to Northern Elders
Forum | 1 week ago

It Is Too Early to Threaten Nigerians With 2027 Election – Kaduna Cleric to Northern Elders

I Used Bleaching Cream For Over 15 Years, I
Forum | 1 week ago

I Used Bleaching Cream For Over 15 Years, I'm Just 35 And I Look Older Than My Age Now - Lady Laments