Biography & Net Worth Of Weruche Opia

Forum 3 years ago

Biography & Net Worth Of Weruche Opia

Weruche Opia has her full name as Reanne Weruche Opia. She is a popular British-Nigerian movie and stage actress and entrepreneur and currently the Chief Executive Officer of her clothing line, ‘Jesus Junkie Clothing’.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/3c6e62979fc2365e7f3cd24843859b6a.jpeg

Weruche was born on April 11, 1987 in Nigeria. She is the daughter of veteran Nigerian broadcaster and television host, Ruth Benamaisia Opia. She is of an Igbo decent.

Educational Background

Weruche Opia holds a Bachelor’s degree in Drama and Sociology in the U.K.

Her Acting Career

Weruche made her entry into the Nigerian movie industry some years back and has so far starred in several movies and television series including a hit movie where she starred as Cleopatra Ofoedo in the TV series ‘Bad Education’.

Weruche has become prominent in the movie industry owing to her good appearances in recent time. Some of her Hollywood and Nollywood movies are:

• Top Boy

• Bad Education

• The Bill

• When Love Happens

• Hot Pepper

• Suspects

• Just A Couple

• Inside No. 9

• Sliced

• I May Destroy You in 2020 among others.

Weruche Opia is such a beautiful, creative and highly talented Nollywood and Hollywood star known for intriguing roles in movies. The actress revealed to ELLE UK about refusing to do sex scenes, being inspired by Michaela Coel and Nollywood.

She has large number of fans across Nigeria and beyond who delight in watching her movies.

Opia was in 2015 nominated as “Nollywood Actress of the Year” category at the 2015 Nigerian Entertainment Awards in recognition of her brilliant work in movies.

In 2018, Opia starred alongside Steve Pemberton and Reece Shearsmith in the sixth and final episode of series 4 of Inside No. 9 titled, “Tempting Fate”.

Opia also starred as Terry Pratchard in BBC series ‘I May Destroy You’, which was first aired in June 2020. The work has been described by critics as ‘the best drama of the year’, ‘riveting’ and ‘essential viewing’.

Her Humanitarian Work

Opia has philanthropic aspirations in the field of drug rehabilitation and supporting people affected by addiction.

Her Role Models

Weruche Opia Cited role models from the UK, US and Nigeria in likes of Naomie Harris, Sophie Okonedo, Viola Davis and Genevieve Nnaji saying: ‘I’m just trying to make my own path in the world with inspiration from all over.’

Awards and Nominations

Weruche Opia has so far in the entertainment industry earned a number of nominations, some and most recent of which are:

• 2015 Best Actress in a Comedy at the 3rd African Magic Viewers Choice Awards.

• 2015 Actress of the year (Nollywood) at the Nigerian Entertainment Awards.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/62df1e7712ad907a764d0e3532e85cbf.jpeg

Her Net Worth

Weruche Opia is indeed a rare talent in Nollywood and Hollywood, rated one of the richest and most influential with a net worth of about $1 million dollars.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Biography & Career Of Hank Kuehne
Forum | 3 days ago

Biography & Career Of Hank Kuehne

Net Worth Of Jelly Roll
Forum | 3 days ago

Net Worth Of Jelly Roll

Net Worth Of Kaylah Zander
Forum | 3 days ago

Net Worth Of Kaylah Zander