Chimamanda Adichie uncomfortable with her new beauty campaign

Forum 7 years ago

Chimamanda Adichie uncomfortable with her new beauty campaign

In a conversation with The New York Times, Nigerian author Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie talked beauty, feminism and femininity.

When asked if she consider fashion and makeup entry point to a wider audience, the brutally honest award-winning writer, who was recently made the New Face of Boots No7 makeup said:

"I decided to do this No7 thing because I thought it might be fun, and then they will give me free makeup. And I’m always up for free things. It wasn’t a carefully calculated thing.

It was actually just my being blinded by the selfish overwhelming love of makeup. But I have to be honest, there were times when I thought, “Well, what have I done?” I wasn’t quite aware of how many pictures of me would be out there. It makes me feel a little vulnerable.

I told my friends to stop sending me pictures of when they see me at the bus stop in London or something. It’d be very dishonest to say it’s all wonderful.

It’s not so much a question of regret. But it does come with feelings of vulnerability that can be uncomfortable" Read the full interview here.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Trying Season 4 Trailer Previews New Chapter in Apple TV+ Comedy
Forum | 6 hours ago

Trying Season 4 Trailer Previews New Chapter in Apple TV+ Comedy

New Sleepy Hollow Movie in Development at Paramount
Forum | 7 hours ago

New Sleepy Hollow Movie in Development at Paramount

Comedian AY Makun Splashes Millions On Brand New Range Rover
Forum | 12 hours ago

Comedian AY Makun Splashes Millions On Brand New Range Rover