“There Was A Lack Of Intimacy” - Comedian Trevor Gumbi Opens Up About His Divorce

Forum 6 years ago

“There Was A Lack Of Intimacy” - Comedian Trevor Gumbi Opens Up About His Divorce

Comedian Trevor Gumbi has revealed that getting a divorce after 11 years of marriage was not part of the plan, but no one is to blame because they simply fell out of love.
Trevor and Lucille announced their split two weeks ago by sharing the same picture and message on Instagram.

Speaking to Drum magazine, Trevor said that they would always be a family, friends and good business partners. The comedian who filed for bankruptcy when he was 28 years old, started using drugs to deal with his problems but things just got worse.

According to newsmen, Trevor said that even though the drugs played a part in ruining his marriage, there were also other issues.

“There was a also a lack of intimacy and everyday niggles that eventually snowballed into one big mess . We fell out of love. It happens, no one is to blame,” he said. Just days after confirming their split, Trevor announced his Divorce Comedy Tour. The project will see Trevor open up about filing for bankruptcy, overcoming addiction and going through a divorce.

“I’ve always been honest with my material – speaking my truth and about situations that have contributed to me being me. This is no different. I feel now is the right time for me to tell this story and I want to tell it on my own terms,” he said in a statement.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
The Fear Of Being Mocked Kept Me Silent – Nollywood Actor, Jamiu Azeez, Opens Op On Battle With Depression
Forum | 3 days ago

The Fear Of Being Mocked Kept Me Silent – Nollywood Actor, Jamiu Azeez, Opens Op On Battle With Depression

I can accept a child that’s not mine – Comedian Baba Tee
Forum | 6 days ago

I can accept a child that’s not mine – Comedian Baba Tee

UCL: It’s the price you pay – Jesus opens up on Havertz taking his Arsenal spot
Forum | 6 days ago

UCL: It’s the price you pay – Jesus opens up on Havertz taking his Arsenal spot

Why I had to drop out of University – Beverly Osu opens up
Forum | 1 week ago

Why I had to drop out of University – Beverly Osu opens up