‘I Have A Problem With Reading And Writing,’ Says Samthing Soweto

Forum 6 years ago

‘I Have A Problem With Reading And Writing,’ Says Samthing Soweto

The Akanamali hitmaker has done well at turning his life around after spending time in jail. Not only did he have one of the biggest songs of 2017, he also went back to school to finish his Matric.

Samthing Soweto admitted in a recent radio interview how he struggles to read and write. “People don’t know this about me, but I have a problem (with) reading and writing, so school was really tough for me. It was a nightmare but I went back nonetheless,” he said.

He shared how it was difficult to prove to his loved ones that he had changed and he knew going back to school would help.

“Finally, I matriculated, it was hard but I did it. I had to memorize a lot of the words and I’m constantly spelling things wrong. Even to this day, I have a real problem with that. If you read some of the things I write, you’ll probably find a lot of mistakes in there.”

He says going back to school taught him to be patient.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Nigerians Don’t Deserve Me – Rapper, Vic O Says As He Quits Music
Forum | 4 days ago

Nigerians Don’t Deserve Me – Rapper, Vic O Says As He Quits Music

Peter Obi Is Not Mixing Politics With Religion, Says Media Aide
Forum | 4 days ago

Peter Obi Is Not Mixing Politics With Religion, Says Media Aide

EFCC Didn’t Breach Kogi High Court Order By Seeking Arrest Of Ex-Governor Yahaya Bello, Says Falana
Forum | 5 days ago

EFCC Didn’t Breach Kogi High Court Order By Seeking Arrest Of Ex-Governor Yahaya Bello, Says Falana

Ex-Oyo Governor, Olunloyo Debunks Death Rumour, Says I’m Alive
Forum | 5 days ago

Ex-Oyo Governor, Olunloyo Debunks Death Rumour, Says I’m Alive