Actress Pearl Monama Unfazed By Her ‘Generations’ Character Haters

Forum 6 years ago

Actress Pearl Monama Unfazed By Her ‘Generations’ Character Haters

Pearl who portrays the role of Sphe Cele on Generations: The Legacy has opened up about the backlash she gets from playing the role and how fans sometimes don’t know how to separate the two.

“I have really enjoyed my role on the show so far but the most challenging part has been moving with her through her different situations.
When she started she was humble and respectful. Now she is something else.

Pearl says she had had to learn that there is a difference between her character and the real Pearl.

“Whatever backlash she gets means that I am doing a good job in portraying her and bringing out emotions. So I don’t take it personally. Not everyone is going to love the character and what she does. If they are criticizing her, it means they are recognizing something in her that is in themselves as well.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Actress Tolulope Onamade Reveals How She Was Nearly Used for Rituals After Joining Friends for Hook-up
Forum | 1 hour ago

Actress Tolulope Onamade Reveals How She Was Nearly Used for Rituals After Joining Friends for Hook-up

Actress Wumi Toriola Completes Master’s Degree at LAUTECH
Forum | 18 hours ago

Actress Wumi Toriola Completes Master’s Degree at LAUTECH

Look Within The Industry, Marry Yourselves - Actress Uche Ogbodo Advises Her Colleagues
Forum | 19 hours ago

Look Within The Industry, Marry Yourselves - Actress Uche Ogbodo Advises Her Colleagues

Actress Faithia Williams Loses Dad
Forum | 1 day ago

Actress Faithia Williams Loses Dad