Health Workers Embark On Seven-Day Warning Strike

Forum 7 years ago

Health Workers Embark On Seven-Day Warning Strike

The Joint Health Sector Unions has directed its members nationwide, particularly those in federal tertiary health institutions, to proceed on a seven-days warning strike.

The union in a communiqué issued on Wednesday evening by its President, Biobelemoye Josiah, at the end of its meeting with the Federal Government at the Ministry of Labour and Employment, said embarking on the warning strike was to press home their demands.

The communiqué indicated that the strike began on Wednesday at 12:01am.

JOHESU urged its members not to be bothered by the threat that they would be fired. That, it said, was because they were duly employed and all necessary procedures were followed for the strike.

JOHESU said, "Having consulted widely with members nationwide and having shown consistent understanding since February 2015, the leadership of JOHESU hereby directs that all members in Federal Tertiary Health Institutions should proceed on a seven-day warning strike from 12:01am of Wednesday June 22 2016.
"We hereby appeal to the general public to please bear with us and impress it on the Federal Government to meet the demands of the unions to prevent the warning strike from becoming a full blown indefinite strike.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
I Was Sent Out Of My Husband’s House Day He Died – Nollywood Actor Ajigijaga’s Wife
Forum | 2 hours ago

I Was Sent Out Of My Husband’s House Day He Died – Nollywood Actor Ajigijaga’s Wife

Happy Death Day 3 Update Given by Jessica Rothe
Forum | 18 hours ago

Happy Death Day 3 Update Given by Jessica Rothe

Nigerian-born striker, Martin Obi scores seven goals as Arsenal win 7-0
Forum | 1 day ago

Nigerian-born striker, Martin Obi scores seven goals as Arsenal win 7-0

Lagos Workers Now Earn Minimum Of N70,000 Since January – Governor Sanwo-Olu Says
Forum | 2 days ago

Lagos Workers Now Earn Minimum Of N70,000 Since January – Governor Sanwo-Olu Says