I am not super human, says Pastor Adeboye

Forum 9 years ago

I am not super human, says Pastor Adeboye

CONTRARY to popular opinion that influential ministers of God are superhuman and immune from challenges which mere mortals face, the General Overseer of The Redeemed Christian Church of God, RCCG, Pastor Enoch Adejare Adeboye recently shocked members when he declared that he was susceptible to fear, including other human weaknesses.
Ministering at the November monthly Holy Ghost Service with the theme: ‘Great Expectations’, Daddy G.O., as he is fondly called by members and non-members, at the Redemption Church revealed to the mammoth crowd how he was gripped with the fear of death during one of his numerous ecclesiastical trips outside the country.
Known for using personal experiences to illustrate his sermons despite series of criticisms from such personal testimonies, Pastor Adeboye recalled how he was gripped with fear and close to death during one of his trips with the then Nigeria Airways.
In his words: “Contrary to what many of you may think I am human and I have my fears too. There were times I have had cause to fear and doubt because I am human but God always ended up disappointing my fears and doubts.[ads4]
“In one of my trips with the then Nigeria Airways, the pilot had announced, when we were already airborne, that there were indications that the plane would crash-land. Immediately the pilot made the announcement, I was afraid and as if that was not enough, he said there were expert fire fighters who would put out the fire when the plane crashes.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
EFCC Didn’t Breach Kogi High Court Order By Seeking Arrest Of Ex-Governor Yahaya Bello, Says Falana
Forum | 30 mins ago

EFCC Didn’t Breach Kogi High Court Order By Seeking Arrest Of Ex-Governor Yahaya Bello, Says Falana

Ex-Oyo Governor, Olunloyo Debunks Death Rumour, Says I’m Alive
Forum | 35 mins ago

Ex-Oyo Governor, Olunloyo Debunks Death Rumour, Says I’m Alive

The Coffee Table Digital Release Date Set for Super Dark Comedy
Forum | 1 day ago

The Coffee Table Digital Release Date Set for Super Dark Comedy

Sydney Sweeney ‘Isn’t Pretty’ and ‘Can’t Act,’ Says Hollywood Producer Carol Baum
Forum | 1 day ago

Sydney Sweeney ‘Isn’t Pretty’ and ‘Can’t Act,’ Says Hollywood Producer Carol Baum