Nigerian Doctor Who Killed British Patient Sues Victim Son

Forum 9 years ago

Nigerian Doctor Who Killed British Patient Sues Victim Son

A disgraced Nigerian doctor who killed a British man by injecting him with a massive dose of painkillers is now suing a German author because he mentioned the incident in his book.

Daniel Ubani killed David Gray after giving him ten times the correct amount of diamorphine at his home in Cambridgeshire while he was working a locum.

He is already trying to sue the victim’s son for branding him a killer despite a coroner ruling the death was manslaughter.

Now he wants judges at Cologne State Court to rule against author Dr Udo Ulfkotte, claiming that no mention should be made again of the incident or that he is Nigerian by birth.

[ads4]
Dr Ulfkotte, 50, who currently has a book at number three in the bestselling chart in Germany called ‘Bought Journalism’, is aghast at the lawsuit which he promises to fight ‘tooth and nail.’

He said: ‘If I was Dr Ubani, I would be ashamed to be involved in this after what he did.

‘At first, my publisher and I laughed when we got his lawyer’s letter, but he is deadly serious.
‘He thinks no mention should ever be made again of his mistake which caused a man to die.’
Ubani’s latest attempt to silence anyone who mentions the incident comes at a time when he is still involved in litigation against Dr Rory Gray, son of the man he killed, who also lives in Germany.

Ubani, who lives in the west German industrial town of Witten, went to the UK in 2008 as a locum because he wanted extra money.

He was working for an out-of-hours medical service when he gave 70-year-old Mr Gray a fatal injection in Cambridgeshire.

Ubani confused the amount of painkiller he should give renal patient Mr Gray and injected him with ten times the dosage of diamorphine he should have done.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Two Officers And Four Soldiers Confirmed Killed by Terrorists in Niger State
Forum | 2 days ago

Two Officers And Four Soldiers Confirmed Killed by Terrorists in Niger State

Zeribe Nwosu Foundation (ZNF) Annual Essay Competition for Nigerian Students, 2024
Forum | 2 days ago

Zeribe Nwosu Foundation (ZNF) Annual Essay Competition for Nigerian Students, 2024

Photo Of Nigerian Man Who Poses As A Ghost To Defraud People In Adamawa
Forum | 3 days ago

Photo Of Nigerian Man Who Poses As A Ghost To Defraud People In Adamawa

In Some Part Of Lagos, Friends Now Exchange Their Wives During Weekends - Nigerian Activist Claims
Forum | 3 days ago

In Some Part Of Lagos, Friends Now Exchange Their Wives During Weekends - Nigerian Activist Claims