President Buhari Briefs African Leaders On His Efforts Towards Combating Boko Haram

Forum 8 years ago

President Buhari Briefs African Leaders On His Efforts Towards Combating Boko Haram

President Muhammadu Buhari, yesterday, briefed African leaders on his efforts towards combating the Boko Haram insurgency in the country’s North-East.

In an address presented at the opening ceremony of the 25th ordinary session of the African Union, AU, Buhari paid respect to former President Goodluck Jonathan for helping to avert a crisis in the country by facilitating a smooth transition in power.

In regards to the challenge against his administration from Boko Haram and his efforts towards overcoming the threats by the group, he said:

“Our continent is currently bedevilled by the twin evils of terrorism and insecurity, poverty, youth unemployment, and underdevelopment.

“The destructive effects of the inhuman and criminal campaigns of the Boko Haram insurgency in Nigeria and neighbouring countries; the Al-Shabab attacks in East Africa, and the activities of the Al-Qaeda in the Maghreb, all bear testimony to a continent under siege.

“I was convinced on my assumption of office that the best approach would be to work within the framework of the Lake Chad Basin Commission, LCBC, to mobilse collective support to fight against Boko Haram.

I have in this regard, directed the relocation of Nigeria’s Command Centre to place it closer to the theatre of action.

“Furthermore, I have vigorously engaged the member states of the LCBC to better coordinate the strategies and tactics in fighting the insurgency in the region.

I believe that this approach can be enhanced through complimentary regional and continental efforts.”
[ads4]

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
What President Tinubu Told Me About My Removal As APC Chairman – Ganduje (Video)
Forum | 2 days ago

What President Tinubu Told Me About My Removal As APC Chairman – Ganduje (Video)

Buhari’s Ex-aide Reacts As APC Suspends Ganduje
Forum | 4 days ago

Buhari’s Ex-aide Reacts As APC Suspends Ganduje

Suspected Boko Haram Logistics Suppliers Arrested In Borno
Forum | 4 days ago

Suspected Boko Haram Logistics Suppliers Arrested In Borno

Publish Loan Agreements By Obasanjo, Yar’Adua, Jonathan And Buhari - Serap Tells President Tinubu
Forum | 5 days ago

Publish Loan Agreements By Obasanjo, Yar’Adua, Jonathan And Buhari - Serap Tells President Tinubu