Pillars Of A Christian's Faith [MUST READ FOR ALL]

Forum 7 years ago

Pillars Of A Christian's Faith [MUST READ FOR ALL]

God never called us to a Church-Centered Faith. From the beginning, God has called followers of Jesus to a Christ-Centered Faith: a way of living that revolves around Christ having the central, preeminent, and most important place in a person’s heart.

The Assembly of Called-Out Persons (the Ekklesia) was to be both a spiritual and a practical community of Christ-followers who had entered into a new covenant with God and with one another: to value, believe, teach, practice, and experience a Christ-Centered Faith.

For those who are called by Christ must be planted on these Pillars as their foundation:

Holiness

"If we are forgiven, it doesn’t matter how we live, does it?”

The Bible teaches that salvation has two main aspects. There is forgiveness, and there is new life. God comes to live in the new and living heart of believer.

The inevitable, though imperfect, outcome includes a new love for all that pleases God. That is what holiness is and it involves separation from sinful thoughts, words, attitudes and actions. It also includes growth in goodness and godliness.

Faith in God

Faith is the assurance of the hope that we find in Christ.

Much of our walk with God entails faith even when there is little understanding. The enemy tries to break this pillar by instilling mistrust and doubt.

That's why 1 Peter 5:9 tells us, "Resist him, firm in your faith, knowing that the same kinds of suffering are being experienced by your brotherhood throughout the world."

Truth of God's Word

One of the primary ways we keep track of God's attributes is through His Word.

We learn about who God is and what He is capable of by reading the Bible and seeing stories of the miracles He has done and the promises He has for each and every one of us.

Satan doesn't want you in the Word. In fact, He works double time to keep you away from it.

Psalm 119:11 instructs us, however, saying, "I have stored up your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you."

Unity of believers

Disunity and quarreling are never God's ways.

They are instead ways of the enemy. While God wants us united as one body, the enemy will try to divide us.

Paul understood this urgency and urged the young pastor Timothy to fight for unity in 2 Timothy 2:14: "Remind them of these things, and charge them before God not to quarrel about words, which does no good, but only ruins the hearers."

Love

2 Timothy 1:6-7 tells us, "For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands, for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control."

There is no power greater than the love of God which then compels us to love Him and love others.

Of course the enemy tries to steal, kill and destroy the truth of God's love by deceiving us into thinking that God doesn't love us enough. But the truth is always that God loves us so much and desires that we dwell in His presence and stay away from the destructive working of sin.

God's love can and will prevail over even the darkest schemes of the enemy, but are you open to receive it and do you keep connected to His love?

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Ready or Not 2 Script Update Given by Director
Forum | 1 week ago

Ready or Not 2 Script Update Given by Director

Alison Brie Has Read the Community Movie Script: ‘It’s So Funny’
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Alison Brie Has Read the Community Movie Script: ‘It’s So Funny’

The Bride! Cast: John Magaro & Jeannie Berlin Join Christian Bale Frankenstein Movie
Forum | 2 weeks ago

The Bride! Cast: John Magaro & Jeannie Berlin Join Christian Bale Frankenstein Movie

Vanderpump Rules Star Faith Stowers Sues Bravo, NBCU Over Mistreatment
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Vanderpump Rules Star Faith Stowers Sues Bravo, NBCU Over Mistreatment