Mum With Terminal Cancer To Leave Hospital To Attend Her Own Wake

Forum 7 years ago

Mum With Terminal Cancer To Leave Hospital To Attend Her Own Wake

A mum battling terminal cancer will leave her hospital bed - to attend her own wake.

Pauline Davison's friends and family have vowed to 'send her out with a bang' after she discovered her bowel and ovarian cancer was terminal earlier this year.

The 59-year-old was diagnosed in July 2015 and had her bowel removed and a hysterectomy in August 2015 followed by months of chemotherapy.
But after the mum-of-three developed septicaemia in May this year, doctors gave her the sad news the cancer had spread too far and was terminal. Her best friend of more than 30 years, Karen McCloud, 53, and daughter, Brenda Healey, 36, have now decided to throw her a wake - before she dies.
It is due to take place in Hulme on July 31.

Mrs Davison, a former pub worker, who will celebrate 39 years of marriage to Steve on July 23, spoke from her hospital bed at the Manchester Royal Infirmary to say she was looking forward to it.

"It was my daughter that suggested it," she said. "I don't want to miss my own wake."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Residents Flee As Soldiers Leave Niger Community After Deadly Ambush
Forum | 4 hours ago

Residents Flee As Soldiers Leave Niger Community After Deadly Ambush

Transfer: Iheanacho tipped to leave Leicester City this summer
Forum | 1 day ago

Transfer: Iheanacho tipped to leave Leicester City this summer

Ugochinyere Slams PDP Governors, Leaders For Allowing Wike to Attend Caucus Meeting
Forum | 1 week ago

Ugochinyere Slams PDP Governors, Leaders For Allowing Wike to Attend Caucus Meeting

How AC Explosion Caused The inferno At University Of Ilorin Teaching Hospital – Fire Service Gives Update
Forum | 1 week ago

How AC Explosion Caused The inferno At University Of Ilorin Teaching Hospital – Fire Service Gives Update