Lessons From The Art Of Stone Balancing

Forum 6 years ago

Lessons From The Art Of Stone Balancing

Rock balancing is a rear and beautiful form of art. It is just a beauty to behold a pile of rocks just balancing on each other. Sometimes you keep wondering what holds each stone on the other, why are they not falling apart. Even after years after balancing, these stones remain on each other. I’m not talking about stones balanced on each other by nature, I’m talking about those balanced by humans. Some of this art are unbelievable.

I first encountered this art from a friend and a talented artist, Darlington Wosa. When I asked him how it is possible to balance one stone on another, he gave a brief explanation, and his explanation triggered this article.

Michael Grab was quoted in an article on twisted sifter, “The most fundamental element of balancing in a physical sense is finding some kind of ‘tripod’ (a three legged stand) based on its centre of gravity for the rock to stand on. Every rock is covered in a variety of tiny to large indentations that can act as a tripod for the rock to stand upright, or in most orientations you can think of with other rocks. By paying close attention to the feeling of the rocks, you will start to feel even the smallest clicks as the notches of the rocks in contact are moving over one another.

Parallel to the physical element of finding tripods, the most fundamental non-physical element is harder to explain through words. In a nutshell, I am referring to meditation, or finding a zero point or silence within yourself. Some balances can apply significant pressure on your mind and your patience. The challenge is overcoming any doubt that may arise.”

Here are some lessons I got from studying this beautiful and rear art

Have you experienced something so magical that your only explanation was “this can only be God”? That is what your centre of gravity does for you. We all need that one supernatural being we believe so much in. Your entire world should revolve around your centre of gravity. My Gravity is God, my world revolves around him. I tap my inner strength from him.

Have you seen the movie “the best man holiday”? The footballer, Lance Sullivan was asked what the 3 most important things in his life were. “God, Family, Career” was his answer. And based on the movie, his life really revolved around these three things.

For you to stand firm and grow in life, you have to decide few things, at most three to four things that are most important to you. If everything is important to you, you just find yourself everywhere doing everything, you don’t live an efficient life. Just like the rock rests on a tripod, and not on every indentation it has, you can’t have everything life has to offer, chose what’s most important. It is important that your tripod should revolve around your centre of gravity. My tripod are family, community, career and I relate with all three with respect to God’s will.

Finding inner peace is necessary in achieving amazing feats.

Michael Grab talked about the non-physical component in rock balancing as finding a zero point or silence within yourself (inner peace). Most people go through life without inner peace. They are at war with everybody because they are at war with themselves. You need that inner peace to come up with grand ideas and harness those great potentials that lies within you.

When you look at these stones balancing on each other, you see patience at work. Do you realise how tough it is to learn rock balancing? You have to be patient to scale through. You need patience to make a rock stand on another.

In life, in your career and relationships, you need patience. You can’t quite when things get tough and expect victory. Every achievements comes with its own challenges, you have to be patient and hopeful enough to scale through those tough times.

Now its up to you to:
Decide your centre of gravity

Outline your tripod

Find inner peace and

Build your patience.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Emma Stone to Star in Movie Directed by Husband Dave McCary for Universal
Forum | 5 days ago

Emma Stone to Star in Movie Directed by Husband Dave McCary for Universal

The Big Stone Grid: Crime Noir Horror is Next for Bone Tomahawk Director
Forum | 1 week ago

The Big Stone Grid: Crime Noir Horror is Next for Bone Tomahawk Director

Late Night With the Devil Directors Explain the Use of AI Art Amid Backlash
Forum | 3 weeks ago

Late Night With the Devil Directors Explain the Use of AI Art Amid Backlash

Jesse Plemons Reportedly Joins Emma Stone in Yorgos Lanthimos’ Save the Green Planet
Forum | 4 weeks ago

Jesse Plemons Reportedly Joins Emma Stone in Yorgos Lanthimos’ Save the Green Planet