You Are My Hero - Alex Ekubo Celebrates Funke Akindele On Women's Day, Declares Her Incoming Deputy Governor

Forum 1 year ago

You Are My Hero - Alex Ekubo Celebrates Funke Akindele On Women's Day, Declares Her Incoming Deputy Governor

Nollywood actor, Alex Ekubo has thrown his support behind senior colleague, Funke Akindele's political aspiration.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/29714ebb700df3f44c21321a5d1477d6.jpg

This is as he celebrated her on International Women’s Day.

Taking to his Instagram story, Alex Ekubo shared a picture of Funke Akindele and named her his hero while celebrating her on International Women’s Day.

According to him, she's consistent and has risen more than she has fallen.

He also backed her political ambition to become the Deputy Lagos state governor.

He wrote: “Happy International Women’s Day to the incoming Deputy Governor of Lagos State. You are my hero of Women’s Day because you are consistent, resilient & dogged, you fall 13 times & get up 14 times. You constantly remind me that failure in certain areas of your life doesn’t define you as a person.

“You exude confidence, competence, strength, and compassion all while maintaining beauty. You have succeeded in your career for over 2 decades, which means you clearly understand how to maneuver terrain. You never let anyone or any situation define you, you are an actor, producer, all-round entertainer, mother, entrepreneur, & politician.

“You will succeed in this quest because, it will be a motivation to the average Nigerian/African girl to dream bigger, for her to know that her background should not keep her back to the ground. For her to know that a woman cannot be boxed or defined.

“Your ability to regroup, reorganize, restructure & re-strategize should be studied. I believe in you, i believe in the sincerity of purpose of your political ambitions. Let me just remind you, Ore your dreams are 100% valid, don’t let anybody downplay your dream or tell you different, or try to make you feel inferior or less than a befitting candidate. It hasn’t been done before is not an excuse otherwise the world will remain stagnant.

“Let it be known that I stand with you with my full chest, as a full Lagos boy, bred & brought up in Surulere. I wish you utmost success. Deputy Governor Funke Akindele, that sounds about right. Over here we vote individual & not party. Because at the end of the day, it’s the individual that will do the work not the political party. This Saturday I vote #JandorFunke for a better Lagos”.

See the post below:

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
We Don’t Have To Be Negatively Competitive – Actress, Toyin Abraham Tells Funke Akindele
Forum | 2 days ago

We Don’t Have To Be Negatively Competitive – Actress, Toyin Abraham Tells Funke Akindele

BBNaija Star, Nina Ivy Celebrates Son At Four, Recalls Challenging Birth Experience
Forum | 3 days ago

BBNaija Star, Nina Ivy Celebrates Son At Four, Recalls Challenging Birth Experience

Former Minister, Frank Nweke Jnr Reacts As EFCC Declares Yahaya Bello Wanted
Forum | 3 days ago

Former Minister, Frank Nweke Jnr Reacts As EFCC Declares Yahaya Bello Wanted

Governor Ododo Didn’t Help Yahaya Bello Escape EFCC Arrest — Commissioner, Fanwo
Forum | 3 days ago

Governor Ododo Didn’t Help Yahaya Bello Escape EFCC Arrest — Commissioner, Fanwo