I Will Destroy Fayemi’s Legacies In Ekiti - Fayose

Forum 8 years ago

I Will Destroy Fayemi’s Legacies In Ekiti - Fayose

Ekiti State Governor, Ayodele Fayose, says he will try his best to destroy the legacies of his predecessor, Dr. Kayode Fayemi.Fayose, in a statement by his Special Assistant on Public Communications and New Media, Lere Olayinka, said that he would destroy Fayemi’s negative legacies including the N86bn debt

Fayemi left behind as well as months of unpaid civil servants’ salaries.

The governor said this while reacting to Fayemi’s interview in which the former governor said, “Fayose is destroying my legacies.”

Fayose said his predecessor had no excuse for leaving behind huge debts as a result of white elephant projects, bad governance and corruption.

“One bad news that we must, however, tell Fayemi is that we won’t only destroy his legacy of bad governance and betrayal in Ekiti, we will also make sure that economic devourers like him will never taste power in the state.”

Fayose said no responsible government would sustain a legacy of over N86bn debt that was incurred on projects with no direct bearing on the welfare of the people.

He said, “Does he (Fayemi) then want us to sustain the legacy of serial betrayal of his benefactors?

“If he served Ekiti and its people well, why was it that he was roundly defeated in all the 16 local councils in the state in the June 21, 2014 governorship election and his party was also defeated 16-0 in the presidential, National Assembly and House of Assembly elections?

“Even his own party men described his electoral defeat as the worst in Nigeria.”

The governor said it was shameful that Fayemi,
who left two months’ salary and four-month cooperative and unions deductions from workers salary, as well as pensions and gratuities unpaid, could be talking about his legacies being destroyed.

[ads4]
He said, “When Fayemi became governor, he chose to close down two universities established by the Peoples Democratic Party-led government of Segun Oni and abandoned the Oba Adejugbe General Hospital, Ado-Ekiti, claiming that the state could not fund more than one university.

“The same Fayemi, who said Ekiti had no money to fund more than one university, preferred to take a N25bn bond to plant flowers that never germinated up till now and also built a new governor’s lodge, civic centre, pavilion and executed other irrelevant projects.”

Fayose said Fayemi had become politically irrelevant and that was why his erstwhile political godfather, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, dumped him.

“Even in the APC, his legacy of betrayal of Senator Bola Tinubu, the man who made him governor, is being destroyed.”

“Today, Fayemi has been ostracised by those who assisted him to office because he has betrayed all of them, including Tinubu. Does he then want us to sustain the legacy of serial betrayal of his benefactors?” he said.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Remarry After Mohbad
Forum | 1 week ago

Remarry After Mohbad's One-Year Remembrance. Ignore Those Asking for DNA — Isaac Fayose Tells Wunmi

“Wetin your own papa do?” – Isaac Fayose questions Samklef over claim that Davido’s private jet belongs to his father
Forum | 1 week ago

“Wetin your own papa do?” – Isaac Fayose questions Samklef over claim that Davido’s private jet belongs to his father

I Did My Best - Fayose Reacts To Afe Babalola’s Attack On Former Ekiti Governors
Forum | 4 weeks ago

I Did My Best - Fayose Reacts To Afe Babalola’s Attack On Former Ekiti Governors

EPL: It’ll destroy mobility – Nottingham Forest react to four-point deduction
Forum | 1 month ago

EPL: It’ll destroy mobility – Nottingham Forest react to four-point deduction